Facebook Love | Teen Ink

Facebook Love

By Zira333 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
Zira333 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland

Even though there are only about 100 students currently enrolled in my High School, I couldn’t figure out, who was talking to me. One day, while on Facebook, a random guy I had befriended on facebook started to chat. His name had been changed. All I knew was that he went to my high school. So we started to talk, he was really nice, but he refused to tell me who he was. Everyday, at school, I talked to suspects. He had said that he wouldn’t tell me if it was him even if I asked him. I tried it anyway. I didn’t understand why he wouldn’t tell me. But we kept on chatting, every night. I found him intriguing. The mystery went on until I began to grow uneasy. We had been talking for weeks. What if he was just some guy who was playing a game? What if he wasn’t even a student at my school? So I told him that I wasn’t sure if I could take the suspense anymore and said goodbye. I ignored him everytime he tried to talk to me. I had grown so accustomed to chatting that my life felt empty. I realized that I couldn’t sleep because I had feelings for him. The way he had chatted with me had made my heart beat faster everytime I went onto facebook. This myserious guy ad become part of my life. I felt guilty. Finally when I was on facebook, he posted a message on my wall. He wanted to meet me that evening in front of the local library. I freaked out. What if it was some creep. But I figured because it was in a public meeting spot, it couldn’t be that dangerous. So I tried to look pretty and told my mom I was going to hang out with some friends. I walked up the library door and saw him. It was the guy I had had a crush on for two years straight. It was the guy of my dreams. I was shy at first but we had our first date. It was as if I had known him for a while already. It wasn’t awkward and he was charming. It turns out he had been shy. And I realized at that point, that guys can be really sensitive too.

To prove how it is possible to fall in love over words, not just looks. The power of words brought us together!