Facebook Love | Teen Ink

Facebook Love

November 21, 2010
By Zira333 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
Zira333 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
22 articles 10 photos 0 comments

Even though there are only about 100 students currently enrolled in my High School, I couldn’t figure out, who was talking to me. One day, while on Facebook, a random guy I had befriended on facebook started to chat. His name had been changed. All I knew was that he went to my high school. So we started to talk, he was really nice, but he refused to tell me who he was. Everyday, at school, I talked to suspects. He had said that he wouldn’t tell me if it was him even if I asked him. I tried it anyway. I didn’t understand why he wouldn’t tell me. But we kept on chatting, every night. I found him intriguing. The mystery went on until I began to grow uneasy. We had been talking for weeks. What if he was just some guy who was playing a game? What if he wasn’t even a student at my school? So I told him that I wasn’t sure if I could take the suspense anymore and said goodbye. I ignored him everytime he tried to talk to me. I had grown so accustomed to chatting that my life felt empty. I realized that I couldn’t sleep because I had feelings for him. The way he had chatted with me had made my heart beat faster everytime I went onto facebook. This myserious guy ad become part of my life. I felt guilty. Finally when I was on facebook, he posted a message on my wall. He wanted to meet me that evening in front of the local library. I freaked out. What if it was some creep. But I figured because it was in a public meeting spot, it couldn’t be that dangerous. So I tried to look pretty and told my mom I was going to hang out with some friends. I walked up the library door and saw him. It was the guy I had had a crush on for two years straight. It was the guy of my dreams. I was shy at first but we had our first date. It was as if I had known him for a while already. It wasn’t awkward and he was charming. It turns out he had been shy. And I realized at that point, that guys can be really sensitive too.


The author's comments:
To prove how it is possible to fall in love over words, not just looks. The power of words brought us together!