The Person That Matters | Teen Ink

The Person That Matters

November 15, 2010
By Serena Giletta BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Serena Giletta BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everybody says “Moms are unfair” or “My mom is messed up” and many more things but even though I belive in some of those quotes my mom is the most important person in my life. My mom has my back no matter what.
If I get in trouble she always belives me if I say it was not me. When I was in 5th grade I got accused of writing a racist note to a girl that said mean things. That day I cried so hard that I caused a rain storm. I then had to do a writing test which meant who's hand writing matched the one on the races note. So they called my mom and she had to take me home. She was so mad at me until my words came out of my mouth, and told her I didn’t do it. She then believed me and then we fought back and they found out who did it. Even though my mom was mean to me I felt like I loved her 1000 times more.

My mom is important to me because she saves me from hitting the dangers in life. When there are situations at school I need to stay away from like talking about people or being a “Hater” the most important one she has told me is
“Mind your own business.” I obey that rule because my mom says that not minding your business can ruin your friendships.

My mom teaches me things that I need to know. Like when I am in the grocery store she always tells me to find this brand of a product like cheese and she expects me to find the right brand or product and calculate how much it would cost. My mom says that is an really important thing to learn. Even though I don’t like to go to the grocery store.

My mom makes me do chores and do work around the house to prepare me for my life ahead. Even though I get angry and mad about doing things that I don’t like to do I still appreciate everything she has been teaching me to do.

The author's comments:
The Thing that inspired me to write this piece is my mom. She has been there for me through me whole life.