Epiphanies | Teen Ink

Epiphanies

By Jessica... BRONZE, Hephzibah, Georgia
Jessica... BRONZE, Hephzibah, Georgia

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it. Because nobody else will. Like when someone comes into your life and half of you says you're nowhere near ready, but the other half says: make him yours forever.

Today, I woke up missing you. I remembered the times that we use to share. Remember the movies? Remember Military Ball? Prom? Remember that swing that we would always swing on at your house? Today, I woke up miserable and depress. You're with her, not with me. She's on your mind now, not me. She makes you happy, not me. I woke up wondering if today was the day that you would come back to me. God, I hope so, I thought. I miss the conversations that we had, the laughs we would share. What use to be flawless, now feels awkward. What use to feel perfect, now feels broken. Today, I woke up and thought about you; but a lot of good that would do. You probably never thought about me anymore. Someone else now occupies your mind. Today, I woke up; but not only did I wake up from sleep, but I woke up from a translucent dream. A dream that felt as though it was keeping me down. Today, I woke up from that dream, and came to reality. I have to be happy. I can't wait around for you; you obviously didn't wait around for me. Today, I woke up, got up, and put all your stuff in a box. Your jacket, our dog, the notes, the pictures, your necklace, everything. I washed off my mirror that you wrote your sweet nothings on. Today, I woke up and decided to be happy.