Epiphanies

Today, I woke up missing you. I remembered the times that we use to share. Remember the movies? Remember Military Ball? Prom? Remember that swing that we would always swing on at your house? Today, I woke up miserable and depress. You're with her, not with me. She's on your mind now, not me. She makes you happy, not me. I woke up wondering if today was the day that you would come back to me. God, I hope so, I thought. I miss the conversations that we had, the laughs we would share. What use to be flawless, now feels awkward. What use to feel perfect, now feels broken. Today, I woke up and thought about you; but a lot of good that would do. You probably never thought about me anymore. Someone else now occupies your mind. Today, I woke up; but not only did I wake up from sleep, but I woke up from a translucent dream. A dream that felt as though it was keeping me down. Today, I woke up from that dream, and came to reality. I have to be happy. I can't wait around for you; you obviously didn't wait around for me. Today, I woke up, got up, and put all your stuff in a box. Your jacket, our dog, the notes, the pictures, your necklace, everything. I washed off my mirror that you wrote your sweet nothings on. Today, I woke up and decided to be happy.