That Tragic Day | Teen Ink

That Tragic Day

By Sheryl BRONZE, Glasgow, Montana
Sheryl BRONZE, Glasgow, Montana

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." ♥
— Marilyn Monroe

This story may not make you happy; I mean it’s not a funny story. I don’t like how this ended, and maybe later in life it will change but as of right now, this is my story. My life story is all right here, all written out for you. I am going to tell you one thing that made me who I am. I am Sheryl Lynn daughter of Angee and Michael.

It was a beautiful sunny, Sunday morning I had just woken up from the night before. I sat up and yawned before slithering out of my bed. I walked into the bathroom that was next to my room, and brushed my teeth. Then after getting dressed, I decided to look for my mom. I don’t know if I did so because I heard my dad yelling, or just because I wanted a hug. Being seven and all that is what you look forward to in the mornings. Just like at nights you want to be read a story.

I slowly crept downstairs; I could smell the sweet smell of buttered toast and my dad’s scrambled eggs. As I looked out the window, I saw that it was a sunny day, with a little wind, the birds were chirping in the tree and I was happy. I thought that it was going to be a perfect day. Nothing would prepare me for what was going to happen later.

No one was in the kitchen, “They must still be sleeping,” I whispered to myself and walked around my house. The yelling went down to a whisper. I looked in the kitchen, living room, bathroom (I knocked to see if anyone was in there first) and then I slowly crept into my mother’s bedroom. My heart sank as I figured out what was going on.

“Angee, please don’t leave. Please don’t do this to the kids.” My father begged her but my mother just packed. When my presence was acknowledged, my mom turned to me with tears in her eyes. Then she asked me the question that changed my life forever. Opening her mouth slowly, she cleared her throat, “Sunshine, your dad and I are having a little trouble and I think that it is time to leave.” She paused and kneeled down looking into my eyes “Do you want to live with me?” Mom watched me and waited for an answer. I was so confused, a part of me knew what was going on, but I mean I was seven and that isn’t something that I thought would ever happen. Kids think that their parents are together forever and nothing can ever tear them apart so when you get that news... It hurts. When I learned what was going on and when what she said sank in, I started crying. I just wanted to run upstairs and hide on my bed. It was time to make a choice for myself. I blinked and slowly nodded my head “Yes.” My mother and I packed up my things and we left with my Aunt Gina. We got in the car and started our drive to Montana. I stayed here with my mom for around three years.
Of course, I talked to my dad every night on the phone, but one night I got a call from him that made me feel really bad. “I miss you so much. I can’t sleep and I can’t eat. It is so different without you.” He spoke to me and it made my stomach turn. A few tears escaped my eyes and that is when I decided to move back with him.

I will never regret my decision to move back up here. My mom and I are not the closest, but we will get better. Last year I moved back up here and started school. Of course, I had to leave because my father moved up here, too. It is a little difficult when your parents are constantly fighting over you, but I am fourteen now the choice is mine. As I said before I didn’t tell this to make you happy or to make you cry. My name is Sheryl Lynn, and this is my story. This is important to me because of the fact that my mother left. It changed me, how I used to be and how I am now are two different people. I personally think that if they were still together I wouldn’t be in Montana. Nor would I be… me. I would be some preppy girl that lives in Oklahoma, Shawnee to be exact. I would be with both of my parents and I highly doubt that my brother would be with us. He would be with his dad and I wouldn’t know he existed. So even though things didn’t happen the way I wanted I suppose that it’s not all that bad. I know that things happen for a reason, and I have gotten over some of the past. What’s done is done and even I can’t change them.

This is my first actual writing... The First that I have finished and I hope that it is okay.. As You can see, this is a story about me. Only me. I will try to read more but I don't know what to write about.

bear girl said...

my parents got divorced to but i live with my dad and occainly get phone calls from my mom