That's what I get for believing | Teen Ink

That's what I get for believing

By JoshuaR GOLD, New Castle, Delaware
JoshuaR GOLD, New Castle, Delaware

"Forever is a long time, but i wouldn't mind spending it with you"

I log into Facebook and see who's on to chat to. Ashley was on. I wondered if she'd talk to me since I asked her out a few hours ago. I wrote saying hi and got a good response. "Hey, what's up?" "Nothing, just listening to music." I say. "Me too. Is it weird that I'm rocking out to rave music by myself? LOL" I laughed and started listening to rave music as well. "Well you’re not alone anymore. I'm listening to it too. :)" "Ha ha, nice." she said. There was a long pause as I built up the courage to ask if she thought about the note I gave her. I typed the letters, and with every keystroke, adrenaline coursed through me. "Did you read me note I gave you?" "...yeah." I took a deep breath. "And?" I was about to explode. The curiosity and hope that I had been killing me. "Listen, I just broke up with two other guys in the same month and I not ready for another relationship right now. Sorry, but just not now." "Oh, ok... wait for now?" "Yeah, for now." She was going to wait. It wasn't a no, but a later. I had hope. I believed that the day would come where we would be together. So I waited...

A week or two passed by and she had posted new pictures on her profile. So I took a look at them. The first was her on a swing set with a guy. I wondered who he was, but didn't think much of him. But the next picture was the same think, but they were kissing. I didn't know what to think. She betrayed me. Lied to me. I felt so dead. I loved her and she killed me. I guess that's what I get for believing.