The Moon and Me | Teen Ink

The Moon and Me

By RLL507 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
RLL507 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

There is a world. I am not talking about Earth. A world where I can be who I want and not what others expect. See, I love to write. Mostly I like to write about my feelings.
I started writing when my crazy English teacher made the class write moon journals. I know what people think when they hear that. What the flipping doodle is a moon journal? I have to sit outside for about 20 minutes a day and look at the moon. At first I thought my teacher had gone crazy. I did not know what to expect.
Write about what I see, hear, the weather, and what the moon looks like. So I kind of liked the idea and that’s when it hit me. Like smack in the face kind of hit me. I am going to start a journal of all the exciting experiences or just thoughts that come to my mind. I never knew that it would be long. Actually some of my “stories” are mean and hate towards people. I can’t let this journal get in the wrong hands; if I do people will be mad at me.
All my anger, sadness, happiness, love, and hate goes into this journal. I never thought that this journal with all this hate and sadness would end up being my life. Have you ever started writing and you just couldn’t stop? It is like reading a book that you never want to end. I talk about my fairytales that I want, how I want my life to go, and what I have always wanted to tell people, but never had the courage to say it to their face. To distract the hate from my journal, I made it look pretty. I put like 100 stickers. They are all over my journal. At first it looked a little trashy, but I made it work.
My English teacher has inspired me to write. She had a strange way of inspiring me. Not once in my life did I ever think I would be inspired to write by a moon journal.