Media | Teen Ink

Media

By joshua schmitt BRONZE, North Tonawanda, New York
joshua schmitt BRONZE, North Tonawanda, New York

Now more than ever I have left a movie feeling dissatisfied or bought an I-pod and having a smaller one come out a month after. People have always made all forms of media to make money only but others put their passion and soul into a piece to make something truly beautiful. I used to go to the movies a lot but now, after being disappointed so many times I rarely bother going anymore. Some consumers wait years for a video game to come out only to find that the game was over hyped and unsatisfying. In the end it’s really the buyers fault. Businesses know people will buy into products with certain preferences. They identify these preferences then met the lowest possible expectations to save an extra buck. Unfortunately people keep fueling the Medias “bad habits”. A company could start on a good honest path but far too often they succumb to greed after they hook consumers to their product. If it was up to me the media would be able to create stuff but not expand on it. If something amazing was created it could not be milked dry and the creators would be able to move on and create other great works.