Flowers, the Happiness in My Life | Teen Ink

Flowers, the Happiness in My Life

By Stephanie Holm BRONZE, East Jordan, Michigan
Stephanie Holm BRONZE, East Jordan, Michigan

Me, personally, I believe that flowers are the prettiest thing in this world. They make the world gorgeous and not so ugly. I wish flowers would stay year round, even in the winter time. Basically, when it comes to flowers, I’m obsessed. I find images of flowers on the internet and sometimes even sneak in someone’s yard just to grab that pretty colorful flower that is sitting there by the painted white fence. Normally, it’s only my neighbor’s yard, but I also walk by the East Jordan Iron Works in the summer time because they have freshly planted flowers that I want to pick. I love pink ones, yellow ones, green ones, black ones, red ones, and even blue ones. All flowers are my favorite.
They are all so wonderful. I would have to say it’s pretty sad on my part that my friends have to keep me distracted when driving or walking by a house with flowers, because I have the urge to just stop and pick them. I just can’t help myself. Flowers are like my drug, they make me joyful and it doesn’t matter what mood I am in. They are just a drug that is way better and doesn’t harm you. One time when my boyfriend and I were in a little argument, and I didn’t want to talk to him, he sent me flowers saying he was sorry. And of course, that worked because he knew my weakness was flowers and he used it. Flowers just filled me with happiness. They make a sad day turn to a cheerful day. They make an angry day turn to a non so angry day. Without flowers the world would be miserable. Flowers can be given anytime or anywhere, for birthdays, Valentines Day, Christmas, anniversaries, and even just because. Flowers are a sign of love and friendship. They bring brightness when it’s dark. Flowers can make a bad day go good. They can make someone smile when they don’t want to.

This love of flowers started when I learned how to draw them when I was in 8th grade. I was always getting compliments on how pretty they were. That’s when I was hooked. I drew them, I searched them, and I especially love to pick them. It’s an addiction. Flowers are the prettiest thing in the world, which make the world gorgeous and not ugly. Flowers make everyone happy, especially me.

I absolutely love flowers, they are the greatest thing in the world.