Snuggies for the Win | Teen Ink

Snuggies for the Win

By les127 BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
les127 BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey

So as I am typing this it is freezing in my room, probably because the window is open, but that is beside the point. I just had a blanket on before, but I couldn’t keep my arms covered and type at the same time, and that is when I remembered I brought my snuggie to college with me! So, obviously, I quickly grabbed it, and it worked out much better.

Something I will never be able to wrap my head around is why so many people are against snuggies. I mean, there are even videos on You Tube about how people don’t like them. Does it really bother them that much? It is clearly one of the best inventions in the world. Many people say how ridiculous it looks, but I mean how many other things in the world don’t look ridiculous? America has its fill of ridiculous inventions, but snuggies, I assure you, are not one of them!

For those of you who don’t know what a snuggie is, which is just upsetting, it is one of the greatest inventions in the world. Picture a fuzzy and soft blanket, varying in different colors. This is no ordinary blanket though because this blanket has sleeves. This gives you the opportunity to stay warm when you’re hanging out at home on your couch while having your hands free.

Often people ask what is the point of snuggies. It is so when someone is cold in their home they have a blanket that can allow them to still type on a laptop, read a book, text, do homework, etc. If someone has a regular blanket, they can’t do those things if they are trying to keep their arms warm. I mean who really wants to feel like they are trapped under a blanket? Snuggies allow you to be comfortable and keep you warm while doing everyday hang out things.

On the website My Life is Average someone posted a comment saying, “Today, I saw a commercial for the snuggie. I thought it was a stupid idea, but I couldn't change the channel because I was under a blanket and I didn't want my arms to get cold.” This clearly shows that the writer was wishing they had a snuggie right about then.

Many people have complained that a snuggie doesn’t cover their back. Hello… neither does a blanket. That’s like me saying a t-shirt doesn’t cover my elbows, no t-shirt does. Also, what is with everyone saying they are a backwards robe? No robe is anywhere near long enough to cover your feet and who wants their robe dragging around the house? If someone with a robe that long has a pet, I assure you that will collect a lot of animal hair.

I would never be able to go without using my snuggie because it just makes things so much easier. Not only because it allows me to stay warm and comfortable, but it also gives me the option to use the TV remote, type on my laptop, read a book or magazine, and even text.

So as I sit here typing this while I am warm and comfortable with my snuggie I’m thinking you may be wishing you had one right about now too. So get up and go buy one! Or just go online and order it. You won’t regret it I assure you. I do own one so I would be one to know that a snuggie is better than a regular blanket.

Mom xox said...
on Nov. 3 2010 at 6:44 pm
Hey, did you know you can now get one of these snuggie things with your favorite sports team on it?  I think dad would love a Redskins one!

Mom xox said...
on Nov. 3 2010 at 6:42 pm
Cute story, but I still don't see the difference between this snuggie thing and a robe!!!! 

Tim C said...
on Nov. 2 2010 at 3:36 pm
well, would you look at that. i guess snuggies aren't evil after all. haha. this was really great, and really funny! maybe, just maybe, snuggies aren't all bad. haha:)

zizzi said...
on Nov. 2 2010 at 9:05 am

I couldn't comment yesterday, I was out buying a snuggie for Zio.  I should have bought one for Aunt Regina too!

aunt regina said...
on Nov. 1 2010 at 7:33 pm
i've always wanted a snuggie but uncle ken says they're "dangerous"? he thinks you could trip! maybe after he reads this he'll change his mind and let me get one. lol.   thanks laura!

zio thomas said...
on Nov. 1 2010 at 3:40 pm
good one.  i would say more but i want to keep my arms under the blanket. i wish there was a way i could type and still have my arms covered.  maybe i should cut two holes in my blanket so i could poke my hands out.