Assumptions | Teen Ink

Assumptions

By yuna_uchiha BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
yuna_uchiha BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

i love beuty.

People go throughout life only making assumptions . For example : Ms. McKinley's class is mature except for our friend Frank . Frank likes to talk a lot and some people assume he likes to aggravate people, some people assume that he thinks it is fun to talk a lot, but behind the act Frank uses it to hide his feelings. Frank is never in a good mood but talking helps him hide it, he talks louder when he remembers his dead friend Donna .

People make assumptions about not only other people, but also food and a lot of other stuff for example, Todd has Barbra's meatloaf before and it didn't taste very good and Lisa makes some meatloaf for Todd and it looks like Barbra's meatloaf so he thinks, “Ew it looks like Barbra's meatloaf it must be disgusting!” but then Todd eats some and thinks, “Wow that is aw-some.”

In life there are tons of assumptions made for example, that dog looks vicious so he must be mean then that dog turns out to be nice or that house is scary looking so the inside must be scary and in reality the inside isn't scary.

The word assume means: to make a pretence of. for ex.: she assumed he was different but he truly wasn't.

The greatest assumption in us history is: this calender ends at 2012 so that's when the world is suppose to end! That assumption will put U.S. in panic in 2012 but maybe in reality the guy who makes the calenders decided to go out and to get a life. So the next time you make an assumption get to know more about it or who they are before you decide they act a certain way.

-This world is full of good and fun things and people so don't make assumptions about them and get to know them-

Donna Mcphee, October 6th, 1937 - May 17th, 2008.

I took my pieces of life but changed up some of the names.

gmwtyh said...
The writer of this assumption is truly wise and I agree with his point of view.  It is like first impressions.  And the wisdom is, "do not always jump to quick conclusions".

yuna_uchiha BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

i love beuty.

hay tell me what you think