Why Do I Take Some Things Too Seriously?

I take some things too seriously. Let’s say writing for example. If I have a good idea, the thoughts just flow. If I have writers block, I get paranoid about how good my writing is. Is it too wordy? Does it sound stupid or get off topic? How could I make it better? And I haven’t even started yet! I hate that feeling! (Just before I go on, you might want to know that this isn’t completely true, I am exaggerating a lot!) Where was I? Oh yeah, how I hate the way it feels when I get mad at myself. I had
writers block before I started this, and then I came up with the idea for this piece. It always feels good to have an idea pop into your head. Sometimes I think that I take school too seriously, because I want to succeed. It’s just some days when I am really
wound up about my homework or a test, something like that. Later, I laugh about it, replaying in my mind how silly I was. School is fun, having your friends around... wait a second! Am I getting off topic? Here we go again. At least I have ideas now. I just can’t stay on one subject today without branching off onto a whole new topic! Seriously, come on brain, focus! Round up all of those random thoughts. Wow, now I am talking to my own brain! I think this whole writing thing is getting to me. At least this is sort of funny to read... unless you are a really serious person. In that case, you might not be able to relate to what I am saying. My advice to you if you ever encounter this problem is you need to sit down and write. That might help you unwind, I mean look at what it did to me! Be careful though, don’t get too caught up in your thoughts--oh, look at that pretty bird flying by-- oops! You might just go crazy like me, I can’t even finish a sentence--hi Mom!--

Terra said...
Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:04 am:

I felt like this alot

i am at a loss for words...

Keep up the good work!

coconutpom said...
Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:02 am:

I lilke your article!!!

Very Funny!!!!

sav338 said...
Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:01 am:
You are such a good writer!! fUNNY

Gram said...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:04 am:
it just amazes me how literate you are at such a young age.  Keep it up. Fab writing.

Beverlee said...
You can write really well about nothing really!   I'm always impressed with people who can write.

DeDe said...
Serious? How about goofy..............nice write!