The Young in Me | Teen Ink

The Young in Me

By Shawn23 BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado
Shawn23 BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado

" i refuse to lose" BY Maino

When I was living with my dad, at the time everything I thought was going good for a change, but I saw a dark side of my dad. He started to do drugs. One morning, when I was nine years old, my life changed forever!
I was at school in the best class of the day when I heard my name called on the intercom. I went to the office and there stood two people that I did not know at all. As they spoke to me their voices trembled in sadness. I followed them out to their car and got in it. They took me to Child Services, a place I had never been to. Later on that day I was moved from my home into foster care.I found out that my dad was placed in jail for a reasons that were kept from me.
I did not know what to do. At that time I tried to keep myself together, but I fell apart, drowning myself in sorrow. The pain was too deep i did not have a family besides my mom and she was 185 miles away from me but it came one day I was in my final foster care I got a call that stated "get your stuff". I was confused on why, then later I heard a car pull up to the driveway and I peared out the window and it was my mom I only her saw once in ten years she walked in and took me to her place I was grateful.
I was living a good life with my mom and it was good I was in school getting somewhat good grades for the most part and my dad had moved down to see me we scheduled a time to go and meet him for the first time since foster care then one day we got a phone call and it sounded like my uncle his voice shaky and I asked "what is it" then he said, "give the phone to your mom" and I did then she told me and my sister to go up to our room we did then later they called us back downstairs we went and she was crying then out of nowhere she told us our dad died it was painful I wish that I could go back in time and make things right so my dad could see all of the progress that me and my sister did and still have our father around to support us.

This is some deep thinking that I had done for hours in school I hope that you read it and enjoy.