What Should I Do? | Teen Ink

What Should I Do?

October 9, 2010
By lonelymaiden SILVER, Cranston, Rhode Island
lonelymaiden SILVER, Cranston, Rhode Island
7 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Many times I sit and wonder what it is I want to do with my life. What exactly could I do with my skills that would leave me satisfied? To be brutally honest I am not really sure yet what I want to do with the rest of my life. For the purpose of this piece though I will try and pick a couple of careers that I am leaning towards.
One thing I am sure of is I want to work in a relaxed and free flowing environment. I love to help people so a job where I could do that would be great. Then to incorporate my creative side I might lean more towards art therapy or something of that nature.
As far as friends go they themselves come and go. If I was to have a couple of good friends in my life then I would be fine with that. The same goes for marriage as well. If I meet some one who I want to spend the rest of my life with then I will marry, and have kids. If I do not end up finding any one then no big deal.
When people look back and remember after I am gone I want them to remember me as kind, giving, and selfless. Though really in the end all I want is to be remembered by some one after my death. To be remembered is to live forever after all; I hope that I can live forever.
As I can not physically live forever, there are certain things that I want to do before I die. First I would want to live off grid. To live off the earth only is my ultimate goal. Perhaps I could have my own farm with my own livestock.
When I am not busy farming or bartering my wares I can work on writing a novel. If I do not feel like writing then I could hike through the woods. Before I die I want to tour Europe and Asia, hitting every single country. My final destination would be Hungary; it is the place I want to rest in peace.
While here at job corps I hope to enroll in the H.O.T. program and graduate. During my time in the program I will get hands on experience and training. Something I could always fall back on if I needed.


The author's comments:
I had to think about my future so I wrote this.