This i beleve essay

I believe that blood is thicker than water. One day I was just getting ready for school. I was rushing because I had woken up late. I was going to take my bike but the handle bars were jiggly. I was actually trying to avoid an accident, so instead I just ran right past my helmet and onto my brother’s bike.
When I got on his bike I had not known that he had accidentally broke his back brakes, so I rolled up to a very steep hill. I started down it. Within seconds I knew I was already going to fast. I tried using the brakes but….nothing happened. I tried turning onto another sidewalk to slow down. But as I was turning a car was coming. By the time we both saw each other it was already to late. My back wheel and his car had collided. As they hit, I pulled the front brakes.
I flew off my brother’s bike and onto asphalt. But in mid-air, the force of power in which I flew of the bike, I hit a postal mailbox and tore it out of the ground. I didn’t lose any momentum and dented a stop sign. After I hit the the ground, I didn’t stop, I skid on the right side of my body for about 20 yards. When I had finally stopped, I had 5 broken ribs, severe brain trauma and a cracked skull. My right knee was shattered beyond standing or operative repair, And I had the worst road rash you’ll ever see. I was so very close to losing my right arm, leg and right half of my face.
But despite all that, I didn’t shed a tear. I didn’t make a big deal out of it. In reality I should have been dead instantly, but I feel that god or life force, or what ever you want to call it, wanted me to get up and fight for my life. So despite the unthinkable bloody cut up pain I did, I stood, I stood with a shattered knee.
By the time I stood up, an ambulance was there. I went to sleep, then all I remember after that was the distinct look of sheer horror on my mother’s face when she came in and saw all of the blood-soaked, thin, white hospital sheets. and all the blood from my face and limbs. When I looked into her eyes I saw something else too. I saw the look of strength and power to live, instead of having hope she knew that I would power through the situation I was in. After leaving the hospital, I was completely unable to walk.
The feeling of being so helpless made me only want to get stronger, and my family was there for me the whole time, not to show me sympathy or sorrow, but to show me that I did have the power to get stronger. And even late at night I would hear my mother and brother praying for me to live and get stronger, and to be able to walk again. And so one day to my family’s amazement got out of bed, I was sick of them worrying over me, so I stood. Even though my knee was in several pieces I still stood and walked to my mom and gave her a hug. And told her words I once needed to hear, ”It will be ok”.
And so from walking out of that dark dreary place that I was once in, I walked into a brighter future were I knew that no matter what, my family would be there for me.
So now, I believe that no matter how you think about it, or even if you think you hate your family, family is the most important thing a person can have.

purpleflubber said...
Ouch! Thats got to hurt, im sorry this happened, sounds painful. You're tough for getting up after the accident, I would have just layed there all crimpled. I'll wear my helmet more often now.

Volleyball10 said...
I am sorry that happened to you. It is a great story though and I could picture it in my mind. I also believe that family is the most important thing a person can have.

austinxciomax replied...
thanks =) i tryed 2 be as detailed as i could, it was VERY graphic, couldnt actually get all of it in the essay XD

the keeper said...
this story is so sad. i love it. did you recover? i hope you're doing okay! and i love the story by the way!

austinxciomax replied...
thanks, im barely recovering, my knee actually put itself back 2 gether sumhow and my brain trama is gettin better, thanks 4 reading my essay =)

Booyaah hommie said...
:*(  tear tear dude. That is one of the most painful sounding stories ever. It's a miracle you're still alive. That's terribly terrible of terribleness. Sad iz me

austinxciomax replied...
thanks, i barely made it alive, sumthin kept me alive.....thanks fur reading my essay =)

Captin Crunch Berry said...
The same thing hapenned to me it is a very scary feeling

austinxciomax replied...
id like 2 know u better and wut happened =) i think we could share accident stories XD

Captain Arnold Chang said...

I think this was a story of couragous stuff. A true act of bravery is what ran through my mind as I read this story... Stay Strong.

austinxciomax replied...
no, not courage. strength, only strength and the will to live and get back up and fight for life =)

Bobthekid said...
I  think this article was inspiring to me to be safe and make sure my bike is in good position to ride. Also, I agree that family is important.

austinxciomax replied...
bro, it aint bout the bike its about thinking that u own it, wut i mean is, when ur on a fast moveing object, u dont own it. it owns u, never EVER get urself in a position were u think u own that bike when ur going down a hill at top speeds....had ta learn that the hard way lol

stark said...

This seems like a good story it made me think to not be an idiot and CHECK my bike.

austinxciomax replied...
ya know that might have been a good idea XD

Google Administrator said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:10 am
This is a very inspiring article. I could never bear that kind of pain. Though i go through bikes so quickly, i hardley ever want to go down a steep hill becasue i am always afraid it willl break!

austinxciomax replied...
ok now see i aint even gonna report u cuz uh, ur the 1 READING ON LINE LOSER, UR ON UR OFF TIME READING? WUTS WRONG WITH U so now whoes the loser here? u r so i aint gunna report u cuz i want u ta think about wut u said and wut i said XD

BYU2626 said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:06 am
This was a very inspiring article. It was such a miracle that you survived that crash and were able to walk afterwards. I also believe that family is important.

austinxciomax replied...
it wasnt easy and i tought myself how to walk and run again, my family was 2 poor ta have a specialist help me walk, and i walk normal and fine =)

Google Administrator said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:04 am

Wrong Site by the way: http://thisibelieve.org is what your looking for. But, very touching story. I enjoyed reading it and sat in awe when i read how much damage you were in and could still function properly.

Isn't Google so helpful?