Motivation

Have you ever been told, “You suck!”, “You will never achieve anything in life!”, and other statements like that? Don’t let those words get to you. All you need is ‘motivation’!

Being born with low muscle tones in my shoulders and my legs almost prevented me from doing any sports or almost not being able to actually walk ever in my life. I’m walking now to do this day, and I have played basketball for eight years (kindergarten through eighth grade), and I’ve played baseball for two years, football in sixth grade, and golf since sixth grade. Being told I could never play sports didn’t stop me from actually playing them. I mean sure I might have not been good at them, but I motivated myself and told myself all I had to do was believe. I went out there, did my best, and had fun doing it. People around the world should just let the critics eat their words by proving them wrong and being the best they could ever be. Don’t ever put yourself down, and never say never. Doing that will block out all the negative comments you have ever gotten and just make you basically a ‘beast’! “You can do it, Keaton!”, “Just tell yourself ‘you got this’ and give it your all”! Those are the exact words from my family and friends, and those words kept me going, and pushed me forward through, not just sports, but other things in life that I need to be motivated in like grades.
By telling yourself that ‘you can do it’, you will be able to do the things you thought you could never do. You will also achieve in the future. Let’s say that you become an owner of a restaurant, you had to tell yourself that ‘you can do this’, ‘if you want to own this restaurant, you’re going to have to make sacrifices and put forth effort into it’. When the motivation ‘kicks in’ you will notice it when it comes. Then you will become more successful and your business will become more noticed and maybe stay around for a longer time then usual.
Athletes like LeBron James, Peyton Manning, and Alex Rodriguez also use motivation to help them win a game and do the best they can do. When LeBron James uses motivation, he seems to score 30+ points. When Peyton Manning uses it, he throws for almost 400 yards, and when Alex Rodriguez uses it, he tends to hit a home run almost every game. See? Even some of your favorite athletes use motivation. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to succeed in the games they play or off the playing field.

whitkostdnt10 said...

Thanks a lot guys it really means a lot!

~Keaton

whitkostdnt10 said...
Im so proud that you stuck with it.  YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!!! you rock keaton..you rock.

whitkostdnt10 said...
wow thats amazing to think you can stay that possitive and happy all the time when life kicks you down (= great job!! (: we all could leard from you!

whitkostdnt10 said...
agreed with you all the way broski!  very inspirational!

whitkostdnt10 said...
way to stick with it

mullins2013 said...
you are so right. when someone tells you cant; show them that you can!!

whitkostdnt10 said...
stay strong..

whitkostdnt10 said...
way to be!

whitkostdnt10 said...
Very inspirational and motivating! :)

choirchick2013 replied...
Oct. 4, 2010 at 1:51 pm :
agreed... thats inspirational Keaton... :) kudos! :D