14 Things I Have Learned In My 14 Years | Teen Ink

14 Things I Have Learned In My 14 Years

September 26, 2010
By Katipia BRONZE, Amelia, Ohio
Katipia BRONZE, Amelia, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Have you ever stood on the edge,
wondering if you were going to fall?
Have you ever closed your eyes...
and jumped off?


1.Life is about learning. We are always making mistakes, and that’s okay, as long as we learn from them
2.Respect yourself and others, and they are more likely to respect you
3.Live now, for now. You never know when your time on this earth will end.
4.We sometimes need to stop and notice what surrounds us every day. We get far too caught up in ourselves.
5. But you can’t think about all of the bad stuff going on, because then you will just get depressed. Instead, you need to focus on one thing at time. It is good to want to change things, but you can’t change everything.
6.Everyone has a little good inside. Everyone wants love and respect. And even if someone is rejecting your kindness, they are more than likely soaking some of it in. And if they aren’t, someone else is.
7.Always mean what you say. And always show how much people mean to you, never push them away.
8.Most people aren’t going to remember you for how your hair looked or how fashionable you were. However, they are going to remember how you treated them.
9. Talent is not based on what natural gifts you have, rather, how you apply those gifts.
10.We all make a bigger impact then we know.
11. It’s funny the way things work out sometimes, you can never have a set plan, ever. I mean, it’s okay to dream and all, but when it comes down to it, unexpected things happen. Having a plan just set yourself up for disappointment. Goals and dreams, they are really good things, and you can always have some idea as to how you want your life to work out, bet sometimes, things don’t. And that’s okay. I mean, it is really okay, because sometimes, the things you don’t expect can be the best of all.
12. Everyone is a little lost. But sometimes a simple word can help them to get back on track. Everyone deserves a second glance. People will always surprise you.
13. It’s important to not give up on life. We always need something to push for.
14.Life is the most amazing miracle of all time. You were born for a reason. It doesn’t matter who you are, everyone has an impact. Everyone.

The author's comments:
These are the things we all know, put into words. These are the things that fill my brain, more important then the neverending string of facts from school. These are things I forget sometimes. These are the things I want you to think about.