The Beast | Teen Ink

The Beast

By WhenSummerEnds BRONZE, Wilsonville, Oregon
WhenSummerEnds BRONZE, Wilsonville, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Don't think, just jump."

I wonder why I always drive myself to do this. I wonder what instincts inside of me drive me to look the other way. That word... you all know that word: procrastination. I cannot be self-centered and claim that I am the only victim residing within its grasp. It yowls at me, sometimes getting in my face and yet I still resist. I can feel its clutch, breaking my ribs and forcing my breath to come out in shallow wisps. Procrastination. I keep trying to look the other way and tell myself it will be fine; I shouldn't worry about it. Then I watch as my grades slowly inch lower and lower. I get frustrated. I vow to change. Yet somehow, the homework never goes away, nothing changes and instead I leave feeling disappointed in myself. The excuses keep rolling around in my mind: I'm too tired, I don't have any time, it's not worth that many points.

Dear World,
I'm tired, but enough is enough. I need this. You know that.

deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

Very open to interpretation, yet very true. My only suggestion is to make it a little bit longer next time. Good job, though!!