There's More To Me Then You Think | Teen Ink

There's More To Me Then You Think

September 18, 2010
By annabellebrooke BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
annabellebrooke BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
2 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Theres a lot of things people don't know about me. I may smile, but inside i ache. I may laugh, but sometimes i cry. I seem like a have a perfect home life, but my family is falling apart. But most importantly, i act like i'm okay when i'm really not.
My dad left my mom when i was young. Left me to let my little sister who was to young to know anything, to cry on my shoulder. I only see my dad on Saturdays. He's moved four times. He has a girlfriend, who is a threat to my family and has called child protection services on us two times for false accusations. Between my mom and my dad i never know who's telling me the truth.
I go to school, everyday, because i want to move up a level. To the top class, with my friends, and feel smart once again. I strive to succeed in all that i do and say.
I'm not a popular person in my school. I'm the loser that everyone laughs at. People think i'm no one, so they laugh at mock. My school is just another popularity contest.
I'm not a boy crazy person, but honestly, i like four guys... apparently i have a thing for baseball players who have braces, and hunt (which i hate.). I'm a cat person who wants a dog. I have so many flaws it's hard to count. I try to think of myself in a positive way but it's just so hard. The way we get judged, how everywhere you go is a popularity contest, what we wear? i wish. I wish. I wish things were the way they were in first grade. Everybody was friends in school, no popularity contests period. My parents were together. and i was never judged to begin with.