The Loss | Teen Ink

The Loss

August 31, 2010
By WakaFlockaTebow SILVER, Fort Deposit, Alabama
WakaFlockaTebow SILVER, Fort Deposit, Alabama
6 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"friendship often ends in love, but love in friendship never."


The loss of a person I dont even know is difficult to handle. But the loss of a significant other....I have no words to describe how weak and insignificant I feel. "I sit here on the floor gazing at the last memory i will have of that person, a penny he told me to keep. I repeated this for a day....a week...two weeks.....I was literally wasting away. That afternoon I was walking around the local grocery store and spotted a man that I had not seen before.....I shrugged my shoulders and let it go, But as I was on my way to the check out he aproached me and quoted this simple phrase "If someone lives in your thoughts and heart then is that person really gone....." He walked out the front door repeating those words over and over and over. I paused in line asking myself how could this total stranger know what I was going through. I proceeded to go home and thought about that interesting man. I would never forget him and to this day I have never seen him again.

The author's comments:
The best advice I have ever been givin.