Freedom | Teen Ink

Freedom

August 24, 2010
By 1Culo BRONZE, Huntsville, Alabama
1Culo BRONZE, Huntsville, Alabama
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

I love my parents that is nothing to be questioned, but man do they irk my nerves at times. I understand that I am their oldest, but you can't hold on to your children forever. There comes a time in life when you have to realize that your child is grown and you have raised a good child. There comes a time to let go of the time when your child was five and you could dress them. Let go of the time when you had to feed them and change their diapers. People grow! My parents insist on me taking on the responsibilities of the oldest child, but when it comes to me having a life, that is an outrageous request. I mean, I am a sophomore in college and I'm just now turning eighteen. I believe that deserves some credit. I believe that an 8:00pm "curfew" is outrageously insane for someone like me. While other young people are out at the movies and bowling on Saturday nights, where am I? That's right, I'm at home. Watching TV by myself, or cleaning, which isn't bad, except it's SATURDAY NIGHT! I would just like them to realize that, No, I haven't fully rebelled yet, but dealing with it gets more difficult every day. I'm the good, smart daughter that they have raised right. C'mon mommy and daddy, give yourselves some credit. I'm nowhere near half as bad as most people my age. I'm in school, getting straight A's by the way. I'm not pregnant, nor do I have any children. I don't drink, smoke, or party. I have a relationship with God, which grows every day. So please give me some credit, give me some freedom, give me the opportunity to show you that I will not disappoint you. Well, I guess if that doesn't happen, at least I only have to deal with it for about four months out of the year.