The Life of Light | Teen Ink

The Life of Light

By openheart SILVER, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
openheart SILVER, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

"Earth is crammed with heaven." -Elizabeth Barret Browning

"Good morning darling" Every morning of my life I have been greeted with those same three words. She was always humming to the morning air, almost as if she knew what the day held instore. Light shadowed her gray hair, and the sun had always left little kisses under her eyes.
She would sing to me you know. Yes ma'am, every morning she had a new song. I onced asked her why she never sang the same one twice.
She told me,"Darling every day is an adventure. A new path to be taken. Now if I sang the same song every morning it'd be like takin' the same path twice. Now what kinda fun would that be?"
She was beautiful in her simple little way. Everything she did was done with such grace. To her there was no right or wrong, there was just life. Life that was ment to be explored, and sometimes it was good and sometimes it wasn't. So much light she brought to my life, so much light.
But today I can't seem to find the light. Today I can't hear the music any longer. Today the sun hasn't come for it's normal visit Because a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, my grandmother Martha Jane has died.
So I sit in this room and watch tears stream across my cheek. She gave me so much, but never once did I tell her thank you.

on Sep. 1 2010 at 9:24 am
ForeverFelix PLATINUM, Catasauqua, Pennsylvania

Daydreams can be worse than nightmares, but that never stops me.

This is beautiful and very heart-felt. I loved the way it was written, and about the morning greeting and the different song every day. I know I said it before, but this is very beautiful. I loved it.

Could you do me a favor and check out some of my work if you have the time? Thanks =) Keep writing!