Remembering The Exorsist

It’s been so hard thinking about how hard I worked to get the devil out of 2 patients. Here are two stories that will scare you. But there is one thing that I want to tell you about this. Don’t read this aloud to kids, they may be scared and may have nightmares.
A brother priest asked if I could go and help him with a young girl who had been brought to him in church. At one point the body of the young girl moved on the ground, crawling like a snake. Other people were with us, and they can testify to this. Before the final sign of the conclusive departure of the demons, I was late for prayers because as I was approaching the church, my car was gently lifted up and put down on the grass. All efforts I made to put the car back on the road were useless: it would not respond. I later saw that the right front tire had been ripped — I don’t know how. Just as I was about to enter the house of the priest I felt an evil presence behind me, something ready to attack me. I turned and saw the young girl holding in her hand a pair of scissors: she was going to stab me. But God be praised, everything ended to His glory and praise — the young girl was liberated, got married, and now leads a happy life. On another occasion the victim was a 50-year-old widow, with a daughter and two grandchildren. She suffered from asthma, sometimes she fainted, her stomach and insides ached; she vomited strange things — hair, raw beans. She heard loud noises in her house, the furniture shook without reason. She felt hated by relatives, friends, and especially her mother-in-law. After a few minutes of exorcism she fell into a trance and spoke. The devil inside her was threatening the sick woman, and me. I told the demon: “You cannot do anything to me because I am a servant of Christ, and you, without his permission, are not allowed to utter a single word, neither do anything; you must obey Him, nor you must obey too your chief, Lucifer”. He replied: “I am Lucifer”. “So you are Lucifer?" I said. “Then I will beat you thoroughly with the exorcism.” He reacted to the exorcism, and to the words “God be blessed”, and “Blessed be His Holy and Immaculate Conception”. Then I said to him: “Mary’s name makes you shiver, eh? It makes you tremble because she is pure, without original sin, and with her son Jesus she crushed your head.” He said: “Do you know with which foot?” I decided to humor him. “You tell me. I’d like very much to know with which foot she did it.” “With the right foot,” he says. I was dumbfounded, but I doubted he was having me on. Eight days later, when I was exorcising the woman and she was in a trance, with her eyes turned inward and her body wriggling like a snake, the intruder uttered offensive words and threats. I interrupted him, saying: “But you, Lucifer, that other time, you talked about the Virgin’s foot . . .” The Devil, in a very cold voice, gave me a chilling answer: “I did it on purpose,” he said, “just to make fun of you.

CarrieAnn13 said...

Okay, I have a bit of criticism.

1.  Again, dialogue goes on a new line.  Please work on your grammar.  It's not bad (it's better than a lot of stuff on here), but I know you can improve if you work at it.

2.  Show, don't tell.  Show us what happens in the story because for the first half of the story I feel like you are telling me what happened.

Other than that, great writing! :)