One Size Fits All

We were on a school trip to London, and we ate dinner in Planet Hollywood. After eating, we went downstairs to the gift shop. My friends were all excited, buying glow-in-the-dark souvenirs and hooded tops with the restaurant’s logo on it. I hung back with two of my friends whom I didn’t expect would buy anything.
I was wrong. They spotted a pink t-shirt that said ‘No Photos Please’ written across it and instantly wanted to buy it. They encouraged me to buy one too so that we could all wear them together.
“Look!” they said. “There are three left!” Actually, this wasn’t true. There were three left in size small.
They laughed and commented on how lucky it was to get the last three. I laughed along with them – wow, what a coincidence! Yes, we must buy them.
And so we did. As my friends headed up to the till, I purposefully hung back to let a group of girls cut me off from them.
I switched the t shirt for an extra-large and headed up after my friends to pay. I’m not skinny like they are, but they made me feel it.

DaddyzUnwantedDolly said...
I really liked this.. I'm inbetween a size 2-3 so I can't really relate. I understand though.

Shminkanator5000 said...

Yeah that's happened to me too. All my friends are sizes 0 or 2. And honey, you don't even want to KNOW what size I am. I always get really embarissed when we go to the mall. At least we're not alone.

Very well written, I loved it. Read some of my stuff? I'd love that =)

Niftygrrl said...

I can so relate.Plus this was extremly well written! Loved it!

Check out mine?

wordnerd54This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 10:15 am :
That was such a sweet little story; I really liked it.  I hear ya, we'll just say I've outgrown a size 2.