One Size Fits All | Teen Ink

One Size Fits All

August 18, 2010
By _i_like_socks_ SILVER, Norton, Other
_i_like_socks_ SILVER, Norton, Other
8 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
If I love you, what business is it of yours?


We were on a school trip to London, and we ate dinner in Planet Hollywood. After eating, we went downstairs to the gift shop. My friends were all excited, buying glow-in-the-dark souvenirs and hooded tops with the restaurant’s logo on it. I hung back with two of my friends whom I didn’t expect would buy anything.
I was wrong. They spotted a pink t-shirt that said ‘No Photos Please’ written across it and instantly wanted to buy it. They encouraged me to buy one too so that we could all wear them together.
“Look!” they said. “There are three left!” Actually, this wasn’t true. There were three left in size small.
They laughed and commented on how lucky it was to get the last three. I laughed along with them – wow, what a coincidence! Yes, we must buy them.
And so we did. As my friends headed up to the till, I purposefully hung back to let a group of girls cut me off from them.
I switched the t shirt for an extra-large and headed up after my friends to pay. I’m not skinny like they are, but they made me feel it.