One Size Fits All | Teen Ink

One Size Fits All

By _i_like_socks_ SILVER, Norton, Other
_i_like_socks_ SILVER, Norton, Other

If I love you, what business is it of yours?

We were on a school trip to London, and we ate dinner in Planet Hollywood. After eating, we went downstairs to the gift shop. My friends were all excited, buying glow-in-the-dark souvenirs and hooded tops with the restaurant’s logo on it. I hung back with two of my friends whom I didn’t expect would buy anything.
I was wrong. They spotted a pink t-shirt that said ‘No Photos Please’ written across it and instantly wanted to buy it. They encouraged me to buy one too so that we could all wear them together.
“Look!” they said. “There are three left!” Actually, this wasn’t true. There were three left in size small.
They laughed and commented on how lucky it was to get the last three. I laughed along with them – wow, what a coincidence! Yes, we must buy them.
And so we did. As my friends headed up to the till, I purposefully hung back to let a group of girls cut me off from them.
I switched the t shirt for an extra-large and headed up after my friends to pay. I’m not skinny like they are, but they made me feel it.

on Aug. 25 2010 at 10:15 am
wordnerd54 SILVER, Sparta, New Jersey

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

That was such a sweet little story; I really liked it.  I hear ya, we'll just say I've outgrown a size 2.

DaddyzUnwantedDolly PLATINUM, Raliegh, North Carolina

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."~ Dr. Seuss

I really liked this.. I'm inbetween a size 2-3 so I can't really relate. I understand though.

Shminkanator5000 SILVER, Rochester, New York

"the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

Yeah that's happened to me too. All my friends are sizes 0 or 2. And honey, you don't even want to KNOW what size I am. I always get really embarissed when we go to the mall. At least we're not alone.

Very well written, I loved it. Read some of my stuff? I'd love that =)

Niftygrrl BRONZE, Norfolk, Virginia

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”- dr suess

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

I can so relate.Plus this was extremly well written! Loved it!

Check out mine?