A Love Letter

Dear Harry Potter,

The way you make me feel cannot be compared to anything else in the world. When I pick you up, when I find escape in your lovely pages; there is nothing else like that.

Harry Potter, there is no other book like you- and I can assure you that I have looked. There have been others whom I have loved, others who have seemed interesting and beautiful and intelligent as you are; but ultimately, it has never worked out. You are the one I can always come back to, the one who fills my heart with joy, the one who makes me want to put on Hogwarts robes, buy a broomstick and scream from the rooftop that “I LOVE HARRY POTTER”. I can assure you that no one else could ever do that.

Unfortunately, it seems that not everyone feels the same way I feel. Some say that you are “too weird”, that you are “boring” and “too young.” Dearest, I can assure you that this makes me angry; especially when people prefer that disgusting brute they call Twilight to you. I must admit that I read Twilight, and found it slightly hard to put down, but in the end, Twilight was just a slimeball, a poor imitation of you, corrupting the minds of its readers instead of making them want to read and learn more as you have done.

I must admit, I did not always feel this way. We met when I was just six years old, and of course I did not understand you, did not learn all your secrets. We became closer over the years, and I grew to discover that there will never be another you. Although there are many imitations- people trying to copy your setting, your characters- they will never come close.

Harry Potter, I love you.

Sincerely,
AnneOnnimous

Aidyl said...
Harry Potter is the best. I love it too. And good writing Anne :)

Demon_of_Truth said...
This was well written, but you do realize that Harry Potter and Twilight have nothing to do with each other, right?

AnneOnnimous replied...
You do realize that your comment makes no sense, right? As long as there are more than two things in the universe, every thing has something to do with every other thing.

SecretNonConformist said...
Aug. 21, 2010 at 10:38 am
I love this. All I need to say. Harry Potter will never get old. Never.

WRIT3R4LIF3 said...

YAY! I'M NOT ALONE!

lol xD harry potter is the best book in the world, and now that twilight is out, everyone hates harry potter and now the fans have steadily dissapeared.

AnneOnnimous replied...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 10:58 am
Yeah, I know! And everyone is saying that they've outgrown it, but how can you outgrow harry potter?!?!

WRIT3R4LIF3 replied...
I don't know really, Harry Potter is just something that you can't outgrow in my opinion. I don't reread alot of books, but boy I lost count how many times I reread that series!

WRIT3R4LIF3 replied...
I don't know HOW they can say that. Harry Potter is AMAZING!

AnneOnnimous replied...
I know! And I agree, Harry Potter is the one book I reread ceremoniously each year (from July 31st to Halloween).. with any other book I would get tired of it but somehow I only grow to love it more.

WRIT3R4LIF3 replied...
lol ikr? Who can read harry potter and hate it? it draws you in, its better then twilight, it has everything and more that a person who likes twilight could have. Whats your fave book/ fave character? Mines book 5 and Ginny :)

AnneOnnimous replied...
I think my favourite book is the second, with the sixth and seventh coming in right after.. and my favourite character is probably Dumbledore, although I do rather love Ginny and Dobby.

VampireDiary replied...
I love the books to, I am accually looking for the seventh one.

saby09 replied...
completeky  agree with yuh anne,,it iz D bst book ever ,,, just love HARRY POTTER :)