That Little Kid in Me | Teen Ink

That Little Kid in Me

August 13, 2010
By SnehaChatterjee PLATINUM, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, Other
SnehaChatterjee PLATINUM, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, Other
45 articles 2 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
Two roads diverged in the woods and I,
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference


With twinkly dreaming eyes and mind full of adventure, I would go for a ride in my galaxy. It would be sprinkled with crystals of hope and raining stars in the black beauty. I’d gaze at the heavens with millions of thoughts sprinting in my mind.

The lord of colors would strike the arrow of rainbow across the silvery skies so perfectly. I would taste the blackcurrant clouds that impel with the crystal clear winds.

My mind like a cheetah would run wild in ecstasy. Frightening voices of the universe would in no way reach either of my ears.

All that my eyes would see is miracles. I would see how Mother Nature would open her lime warm eyes. The sea would open his electric eye balls.

The white fur coat of the winter would fade away making way for the green cardigan of the spring. I could then paint some colorful polka dots on it. I would enter the doe eyed sculptured corridors of the wild beauty. Sleep in the laps of Mother Earth below the almighty sun.

At twilight, I’d jump into the moon and take out my flag made up of toothpick and colored paper and fix it on the milky surface. Then off I’d go to Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune…”Wow!” I’d exclaim. “My galaxy is a masterpiece painting of the lord”. After circling down to every corner of the endless infinite space, I’d return home satisfactorily.

That happened years ago when life was a living dream. Now it’s just a battlefield where I sometimes I win and sometimes just have to surrender. I want to bump into the galaxies again. But now I can’t even leave the four walls of circumstances. Now I can hear the voices that I never want to hear. I may have to see things that I can’t even imagine. Face it girl! Your real life begins. Its do or die. Its try or quit.

Oh! How I wish I could be a kid again. But I won’t let that hope die.

I still believe in Heaven...
Miracles still happen.


The author's comments:
Childhood is amazing. People realize this only after losing it. It's made up of imagination, enjoyment, thrill, faith and optimism.