Once Upon A Time There Was A Girl...

Once upon a time there was a girl. She had long curly brown hair with big brown eyes. She wasn’t the tallest girl in the world but that didn’t bother her. She was one of those people who hated being mean, at least to the people she really cared about. She wasn’t the coolest girl in school, though she wasn’t the loser either. She was content with where she stood in society. She loved her friends and family and they loved her right back. She was the kind of girl where no one would really know if anything was wrong. She hid it well. But sadly, what this girl was hiding was an immense belief that she wasn’t good enough. Not good enough for anything, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not fun enough, not talented enough, all around not enough. This belief became a big part of her life that it was as if it was always with her, always there to sneak up on her when she thought it was gone. She started making horrible decisions and isolating herself from everyone she loved. This belief began to take over her life even more. She tried to stop it, to fight it, she did it well too, but it was still always there, always at that dark place in the back of her mind. She didn’t know where the belief came from, why she feels that way, there’s always a reason, she just hasn’t looked deep enough to know it yet…

Lachance said...

Hey, I just wanted you to know, that you're not the only one who feels that way sometimes. But you should know that you're worth more than you know and im sure someone out there knows you're good enough.

I used to feel like I was no one, like no matter what I would do I could never reach everyone else's standards. Finally, after thinking that for so long, no matter how much I knew people loved me, I came to realize that no one thought I wasn't good enough. THAT is something I hope you ... (more »)

rundontwalk. replied...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 4:33 am
it makes me so happy to know that i have reached someone with my piece of work.
and i'm very happy you have come to realise that about yourself, i have yet to get there, but i'm on my way.
thankyou. :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I'm glad you wrote this. I often feel the same way, like I'm not important or I don't contribute anything to the world around me. But then I realize that everyone has a purpose, although some are more obscure than others.

I like your writing style, how it was written in third person. Well done!

rundontwalk. replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:29 am
Aaaw thankyou! This made me so happy, like you have no idea, it's nice to know my writing isn't totally shit. haha, yeah i believe everyone has a purpose too, it's just sometimes hard to remember that. But again, thankyou :)

rundontwalk. replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 8:48 am
Aaaaw thankyou! Reading this made me so happy, like you have no idea, haha. and yeah i believe everyone has a purpose too. thankyou again :)

moonpetal said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 9:15 am
I have felt like that allot. i know what you mean. I usally try to think of why it could be that i am not good enof. THEN (big part) I try to think ofevery big and little thing I am good at that I like myself for.You look for why so you know why it might just start coming the feeling, then you say why its WRONG. Cause everyone is good enof. Just being true to yourself some days is so hard it makes you good enof. You did that by writning and being honest in this piece. So see your good enof! I li... (more »)

rundontwalk. replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:32 am
haha okay, and thankyou
i was honestly not expecting anyone to read/like this. haha
so thankyou :)

moonpetal replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 8:41 am
Oh, your welcome. Hope it helps. I read all kinds  of stuff lol! Your welcome. I try to read a variety of pieces. everyone should be heard in my opinion.