Can't Have Faith in Anyone

This has been going on for quite some time now, and I'm getting sick of it. When your "friends" go out with a group of people, you end up going right? Not in my case. Even worse I'm never told, I always find out on my own. I'll find that a group of "friends" went to the pool, which is within walking distance from my house, or went to the movies, without even asking me if I wanted to go or saying anything about it at all. Then I end up seeing a status on facebook or some other site, "just got back from (place) with (so and so). WHERE WAS I? Being that I always invite these people to go places, I'm starting to think that I don't want to have anything to do with these people. It's sad because I've known these "friends" for a LONG time and I hate to just drop them like that, but it needs to be done. I'm a firm believer, when push comes to shove. I am not some side attraction for these people. I won't be treated with all that disrespect. If you were really my "friends" then why would you be such a$$holes and do stuff like that. I just had to write something about this. Thanks for reading my little rant.

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 4:50 am
Believe me: I can totally relate. You don't have to explain. I bet anyone reading this knows what your talking about. It hurts and I sometimes wonder how those sorts of people can be "friends" with someone. Great article.