What I Live For | Teen Ink

What I Live For

As she sat down and begin gracefully lacing up her dance shoes, her body hung limp and weak. She was exhausted from the problems and troubles she faced every day. She couldn’t fight anymore and felt worthless and powerless. As she finished tying her shoes, she stood up and sashayed into the dance studio. A bright, empty room ready to inspire young dancers just like her. She loved this studio. She grew up here, this room being the inspiration and home for all of her beautiful choreographies. The hard work, the pain, the tears, and even the greatest success all happened here-in this clean, empty room. As she stood on her pointes and slowly began moving her body to the soft, quiet music playing from the stereo, her problems seemed to disappear. The tired, exhausted girl has evaporated and in her place was a beautiful, swanlike dancer creating angelic dances and divine movements. She flew through the air like a radiant bird soared in the sky. At that moment, nothing mattered to her anymore. Her problems were gone, life seemed perfect, and all she could think of was the graceful, delicate moves and the music’s beat. As the music changed from soft, alluring to harsher and stronger her emotions and body fused into one. From love and passion, to anger and heartbreak, through revenge and rage, her body twirled through the air, each spin lovelier than the previous. She spun at the speed of light, soared through the air, and landed gracefully. As the music ceased, she smiled and began undoing her shoe laces. She felt accomplished, free and so warm inside-the way only dancing and music can make her feel. She lived to dance, each day coming back here and making magic from the music and movements. As she changed into her clothes and stepped out of the studio into the crisp, fall air, her mom drove to the curb and picked her up. Her mom asked her how she was doing and her reply was simple and clear: This is what I live for!

This is a real, true experience that I have experienced many times and I hope people will share my opinion.

on Jul. 22 2010 at 8:30 am
addicted1997 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

If you love something, srt it free. If they come back, it was meant to be. If they dont, they were never yours in the first place.

Yeh and then u could go crazy or anything else that could hurt you bcuz there wud be too much stress and nowhere to let go.

on Jul. 22 2010 at 1:48 am
I say thay because if you didn't the stress would build up and there'd be no way to release it and that'd not a good situation to be in, trust me.

on Jul. 21 2010 at 8:49 am
addicted1997 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Thank you very much! XD

on Jul. 20 2010 at 3:33 am
It's good to have a space where you can relax, unwind and be youself. Everyone needs one.