Lesson to be Learned | Teen Ink

Lesson to be Learned

By JayBaby SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio
JayBaby SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.

Have you ever judged someone by their appearance or the way they appeal to you? Learning not to judge someone is the best lesson you could ever learn. A few years back, I met a girl I barely said hi to and I met her through my cousin. To be honest I didn’t really look at her it was more of a glance. A few years later we met at camp and I ended up letting her see the soft side of me. That was a hard thing for me to do especially since we are very different. I’m more of the laid back type and she likes to do all types of things I’m too shy to do. I had a feeling she was stuck in her rude ways, but I ended up finding out she wasn’t that way at all. She’s a very loveable and caring person. No matter how ridiculous I may sound or how much I cry, she never judged me. Since that day at camp, I’ve always had someone to express my emotions to without worrying if they would think any less of me. As I look back on these times, I couldn’t have found a better friend.

I'ts not easy to call someone your bestfriend, but i think I've found that one true friend and its a dream come true.