Forgotten | Teen Ink

Forgotten

By BlackAngelWings PLATINUM, Venice, Florida
BlackAngelWings PLATINUM, Venice, Florida

New Moon - S. Meyer
'I flung my leg over the edge and ram through the knee deep water, it sprays all around me. "Edward!" I yell knowing it is useless. The crowd is too loud and my voice is breathless with exsertion. But I couldn't stop screaming.'

My love, my angel of death looks me in the eyes and speaks smiling on and off when necessary. Even though I hear him it’s different in public, I can’t quite hear what he’s really thinking. Though when he’s alone his words impact me twice as hard and I’m left mystified in wonder. The love of it, anytime I’m near him the darkness retracts and there is no act, it really is true happiness. Then there are the days when he’s silent in class, staring at you as you go about the room. It kills me, I don’t have the guts to step up and talk to him. On those days it’s as if he has his own blackness, that’s engulfed him and is looking for more, linking with me and dragging me into the silence as well. He takes a few days to recover a whole week till he’s back on top of his act. It has something to do with his parents, endless fighting sending him into a clashing disarray in his mind. “At home things are messed up with mom and dad, at school all my friends stab me in back. No one seems real anymore, I hate the way they act. Can’t help but feel devastation. Things are getting worse and I've got nowhere to go. Its times like this where I wish I never existed.”

on Jul. 20 2010 at 3:21 pm

New Moon - S. Meyer

Me too.

on Jul. 19 2010 at 4:47 pm
OK. It's your choice. Good luck. Hope things turn out OK for you both.

on Jul. 19 2010 at 4:08 pm

New Moon - S. Meyer

You don't tell a school cousellor those kind of things. No matter what, if you did you'd be betraying that person. I've never said his name in any of my writting and that is what's keeping it confidential. He knows I'm doing my fair share of illegal things and he'd never tell a soul, if he did he wouldn't reveal my name. Life isn't easy and you have to work with what you've been given no matter how small that is. We're just trying to make a life for ourselves without the involvment of 'helpers'. Not everybody wants to be saved, not everybody should be saved.

on Jul. 19 2010 at 12:59 am
It's OK. I don't judge people on the bad things they've done. I get to know them first. You're a strong person. There are girls I know who are your friend while things are good, but as soon as they get tough, they vanish. I've discovered that your true friends are the ones who stick by you in the tough times as well as the good. Maybe you should tell your school counsellor. It's completly confidential. You don't have to worry about anyone else being told what's happened. You're exactly the sort of friend I would want, and I don't say that lightly. Take Care. 

on Jul. 18 2010 at 8:44 pm

New Moon - S. Meyer

I want to be there for him, everyone does. He has this kind of magnetism, everyone is attracted to him and want to help him and be his friend. But he doesn't want poeple to try and help him if you even ask his if you can help he glares at you and say "no thanks" it's scary. What's worse is that he cuts himself. I shouldn't tell you this but he also does cocaine. I wish he wouldn't but I wouldn't not be his friend even if he did all the drugs in the world. I just hope he doesn't kill himself this summer. I judge poeple on how they treat me and their personalities. Even I would befriend the worst person in the world if they were kind and fair. I never say his name but he is a real person and almost all of my stories relate to him in some way. Look for more of my writting in the future to hear of him.

on Jul. 16 2010 at 5:19 pm
I know it's hard, but be there for him. He may not say anything to you, but he still appreciates your company. Maybe you can suggest getting him some help at the right time? Good luck and Take Care.

CLC93 said...
on Jul. 14 2010 at 10:45 am
This is really powerful writing. I hope he is okay.