a young memory | Teen Ink

a young memory

June 1, 2010
By hanyopoetgirl BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
hanyopoetgirl BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If it looks like a duck
and walks like a duck
Its a duck
-pretty little liars


I am sitting up against my crib feeling like a caged animal (rawr). Mommy and Daddy are gone. What mischief can I get into now. None that’s right auntie Alicia and auntie Katie are babysitting tonight yippee. Not. Oh here they come now “hey Hannah is the little girl ready for sleep?”. Um no I am hungry so I start to wail…. And wail… what the hay I will add in a scream. “ What is the matter with her?”me! what is the matter with them.



Realizing I wouldn’t get what I wanted I curled up in my cage grabbed my bottle and continued to wail. By now they just ignored me thinking all noble that there was nothing that they could do. Well now I guess I need to turn it up a notch and I attempt my cries again. If they are not going to get me what I want than I will let them suffer. I continue my screams banging against my crib. Aunties try to stop my crying by getting my bear Joey and my little puppy patches. I snatch them out of their hands and snuggle closely to them. “Whew I guess she finally stopped crying”.



Oh I wasn't done yet I mean wasn't it obvious what I wanted they already tried the bottle the stuffed animal and the sleeping I mean what else could a baby really want other than those things plus food and mama and dada which I guess they were not getting me. I snuggled Joey and patches against me and banged loudly against my crib/cage screaming and yelling. Just as Aunties said that they have had it and they can't take it anymore Mommy and daddy walk in the door and I fall fast asleep.



The really weird thing about this now is just this year I had to babysit my little baby cousin and let's just say boy that kid can scream does it remind you of anything.


The author's comments:
This peice is a memory that my parents have told me over and over again about how loud I could be when I was little.