Sometimes.

Sometimes, I like to go without makeup, just to feel free. Sometimes, I like to get dressed up, and put on the war paint, just to feel pretty. Sometimes, I like to smile when I'm sad, just to feel strong. Sometimes, I like to cry, just to feel vulnerable. Sometimes, I like to watch your smile spread across your face, just to feel thankful. Sometimes, I like to fall into your arms, just to feel loved. Sometimes, I like to yell at you, just to feel powerful. Sometimes, I like to apologize, even if I did nothing wrong, just to feel no regret. Sometimes, I like to be considerate on purpose, just to feel needed. Sometimes, I like to scream, just to feel the calm after such a storm. Sometimes, I like to pretend to be okay, just to feel brave. Sometimes, I like to do something that scares me, just to feel alive. Sometimes, I like to stare into the mirror, just to feel like I'm really there. Sometimes, I like to bury my face into your shoulder and cry, just to feel human. But, only sometimes.

Sliva23 said...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 1:45 am
I really love this!!! You made it sound so natural and thats why i love it so much

Someone_Who_Is_Loved said...
I totally love the part about WAR PAINT...... I like the way you right in short, understanding sentences. Totally creative, and it keeps the readers' attention. Keep up the good work.

JustKeepFalling This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love this piece so much!! i could totally relate to it. =) i love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha keep it up

Heathurrlovesyouu replied...
Thank you :)