The Confused Thoughts of a Teenage Girl | Teen Ink

The Confused Thoughts of a Teenage Girl

June 20, 2010
By Anonymous

I want to live in chaos.
I want to be a part of something big.
I want to do something that history will look back on and be proud of.
Hmmm...

I'm selfish.
I talk too much, I cry too much, I laugh too much.
I've come to the conclusion that I can't write a good story. I can't even write a good paragraph.
Sentences, fragments, short and simple. That's me. That's easy.
I've always taken the easiest way.
I need to stop.
I need to make things hard, because for some reason I associate hardship with being a good person.

I don't know what to say, because I don't tell people things. But for some reason I am okay venting to stragers.
And that scares me a little, that someone is reading this, someone who dosen't know me, but knows me better than a lot of people I know do. That's a little insane.
I'm a little insane.
I've come to appreciate it.

I'm an aquarius.
I don't believe that astrological signs create your destiny.
But for some reason this is what it comes down to.
People ask me why I'm so stubborn, and I say "I'm an aquarius, it's what we do."

I also don't believe that god creates your destiny either.
But I find myself at church each Sunday morning praying to a god I'm not sure I believe in .
That dosen't make me ungodly, it makes me a confused teenager.

I'm not really sure what the point of this article was.
Mostly just a release, so I hope whoever is reading this can just relate to at least a sentence, or a word.
And hopefully it makes you think. But then again who really likes thinking?


The author's comments:
Just Thoughts...