Saying Goodbye. | Teen Ink

Saying Goodbye.

June 27, 2010
By AbbyJune SILVER, Katy, Texas
AbbyJune SILVER, Katy, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life is whats happening while your busy makeing other plans-John Lennon


Saying goodbye is hard for some. Ecspecially if you know your never going to see that thing or person again. My dog Macy is 6 years old. She has cancer, and she is at the end of her road. She is a beautiful,loveing, sweet dog that will never leave my heart or mind. We adopted her 3 years ago from a run down sheleter. She had cancer when we got her, but she acted as if she was free from any illness. As the years went on,her cancer progressed getting more aggressive. We could'nt do anything for her,no one could. She has stopped eating almost completley-her ribs and spine stick out like a hitch hikers thumb on the side of the road. She is losing her balance,can barley walk and just lays around the house. She recently got a bad infection inside of her,her immune system is weak and she can't fight it off. This tuesday I am leaving for Iowa to go visit my family, this week will probably be the last time I see as I will be gone a month, and we have already talked about putting her down. I cried all day thinking about the fact that she will no longer be here. I don't want to let her go, but I guess thats the selfish part of me, letting the dog suffer alive rather than be in peace dead. But I have to say goodbye, she has had a good and loving home with me,my sister, my mom, and my step dad. She will be more happy in doggy heaven, im sure she'll have some hot dogs up there waiting for her,hey maybe one of your passed on dogs up there will meet her and they'll be the best of friends.I love you Macy, so does everyone who has ever met you. Goodbye.