World of blue | Teen Ink

World of blue

By keercn BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
keercn BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

I stand up on the block shivering with fear. I stare down into the glimmering water below. My heart is pounding as the coach begins to lift the gun. I hear the click echoing through my ears as he puts in each blank shell. Staring into my opponents eyes, I can see that he has the same fear as me. “Set,” the coach yells. I get down on my knees ready to spring off the starting block. The coach raises he hand and... BANG!!
I jump off the block and it seems like I am in the air forever, flying away like a bird. Pounding into the water, I am engulfed in a world of blue, bubbles sparkling all around me. I kick vigorously with my arms and legs determined to reach my opponent. He sees me and I see him and we stare directly into each others eyes. All of a sudden I feel a burning hatred in my heart. Madness makes me try harder. He’s beating me, I say to myself. With my face full of anger, I kick until I am ahead and I slam into the ending wall. I win! I get up out of the water to receive the glory and praise of my fans. I walk away from my world of blue satisfied and proud.