Note To Self | Teen Ink

Note To Self

By RavingMadReader SILVER, Reno, Nevada
RavingMadReader SILVER, Reno, Nevada

Dream as if you'll live forever.
Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

I am the most forgetful person. Okay not really I’m sure the most forgetful person is the person with short term memory loss. Wait what was I talking about again? Oh yeah my memory. See there is one prime example. I always forget to do something. It happens all the time.

Thoughts that go through my mind half the time:
“I forgot my pencil”
“I forgot my book”
“I forgot about that assignment”
“I forgot to bring that thing for Angela”
“I forgot to wear clothes today”

Well not really that last one. But you get my point. So what do I do? How do I solve this horrible dilemma of mine? Trust me, I’ve thought of a couple different ways. The only one that seems to work is writing it down. But where you might ask? Well not a post it note, tried it. Turns out I forget where I put the post it note. On my phone? No that doesn’t help either. Again I forget that I put it there. My only option is the top of my left hand. It is seriously like my pad of paper for these things. I think also that I may have ink poisoning in that hand. Good thing I’m right handed! But you know what I hate. I hate it when people just have to read what I put there. “What’s that say? Bring book for Mara?” They say and then casually shrug it off. Really people? Is my left hand that interesting? No you may not look at my left hand! It is a secret! The worst part about having my hand as the tool to remembering things is when I have to scrub it off in the shower. Let me tell you, trying to scrub 1 day old sharpie off your hand is not the easiest task. Pen is a little bit easier, but still it’s not fun. I wish there was some other way that I could just remember things. My friends and me actually talked about super gluing a notepad to my forehead and writing things down on there. Because sometimes even the hand method fails. That’s right, I even forget to look at my left hand! Very sad I know. I think that being a highschooler about to graduate and a highschooler whose obsessed with books really effects my memory. For one thing when I’m about to graduate my mind is filled with last minute things I need to get done and things that I have to worry about in the future. For another thing is book plots are always circling in my mind. I’m currently reading the Maximum Ride series and all I can think of is all the characters, in this order: Fang, Iggy, Fang, Max, Nudge, Gazzy, Fang, Iggy. Angel isn’t even going through my mind. Can you tell who I like and dislike? So obviously it’s very easy to forget things that happen everyday, or things I need to remember later on. Maybe one day they will invent a machine that will help people remember what the heck they need to remember. But for now I guess I’ll just stick with the top of my left hand.

(Note to self, remember to save and print this)

Another thing I had to do for english. I'm more into Fiction,but I really liked this piece. It makes me laugh, and I'm sure a lot of people know what I'm talking about.

on Jun. 17 2010 at 11:33 pm
RavingMadReader SILVER, Reno, Nevada

Dream as if you'll live forever.
Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

Haha I'm going to be reading The Protectors 1 from the max ride series soon. So I haven't read fang yet. 

Thank you! I'm glad someone can relate to what it's like to always forget stuff like that haha. 

on Jun. 16 2010 at 9:05 am
loveisblind GOLD, Tenino, Washington

This world, it ends as you believe it to end; yet it'll live on to the actuall end, where then you admit yourself wrong.

~Me~

omg i no how that is but . . . how could you not like angel tho?? shes amazing, being able to have all those powers. well, unless u read fang, then i understand.

sorry i got off topic, i do that alot lol. anyways, good article. i know exactly how you feel, except im not graduating high school. my friends r always like 'stop u'll get ink poisoning!' and i just shrug it off. fear of ink poisoning is no reason to forget stuff, right?

WRIT3R4LIF3