Breeze | Teen Ink

Breeze MAG

June 5, 2010
By maddii_luvss GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
maddii_luvss GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
18 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If we were all born to die, and we all die to live; then what's the point of living life if it just contradicts?" ~ Ronnie Radke


A gentle breeze made us both shiver; his black hair seemed to radiate light from the spot of moonlight that he stood in. His eyes, normally kind and sparkling, were cold and hard, giving me a lonely, hollow feeling.

I raised my hands to cup my tearful heart, but he moved to stop them. Tears brimmed my eyes, threatening to pour down my cheeks and kiss my lips. He leaned in close, beating the tears to my lips, the sweet smell of his breath intoxicated me in to a hypnotic state.

Tears fell down my face, for I knew this was not an “I love you” kiss; it was a kiss good-bye. He pulled away harshly and stepped back.

“So that's it?” My voice was shaky, raspy. For the first time he looked me in the eye. A single tear rolled down his cheek, but before any more could emerge from behind his lashes, he shoved his hands in his pockets and walked away.

I watched, as a gentle breeze that once only made me shiver blew away my happiness.


The author's comments:
This happened as I was watching some leaves tumble over a field with some people leaving each other on a bridge.