What a day that I’ll never forget | Teen Ink

What a day that I’ll never forget

By sarai alcantar BRONZE, Menifee, California
sarai alcantar BRONZE, Menifee, California

I was 6 years old and I had the same routine everyday wake up, get ready, go to kindergarten, came home, play, eat, and go to bed--boring. I wanted to change all that one morning. I woke up with an idea. I told my mom about it. She just laughed and said
“Que niña tan loca!”

Shortly after that, I changed clothes, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and ate breakfast. When I was ready to go to school, I stood at the door waiting for my mom to come out. She finally came and closed the door, oh no! I forgot something inside the house, “Mom, can you open the door?”
“Why mija?” mom questioned.
“Because I forgot to bring the make up,” I said.
“Your sister is going to get mad at you,” Mom said.
“I do not care,” I stood firmly.
“If she gets angry, I am not going to defend you, my mom said
“Okay, mom.’’

My mom opened the door, and I went inside and got the box of make up. Afterward, my mom and I walked to school. Once we got there, other students from school were in line to get in school. My teacher stood at the door to give each of us a good morning hug .When I finally got up to her she asked, “What’s that box for?”
“Its makeup,” I smiled holding the box tightly.
“Why did you bring it to school, Sarai?” My teacher looked like she was thinking about taking it away from me

“You’ll see why at lunch.” I gave a big smile.

Later on during lunch, I told my friends to get in a line. I decided earlier that week that I was going to put make up on them. As I was applying make up on my friends, I looked back and saw my teacher looking at me and laughing she though it was hilarious. I didn’t think it was funny at the time, but I realized how funny it actually was once I looked at all of the faces of the girls. They all looked like clowns, they had red lips, yellow and green eye shadow, and thick dark eye liner .once they saw themselves. The girls were mad at me because they didn’t look pretty at all; in fact they look uglier than a monster.
“Well, at least we don’t look as ugly as you,” they said.
“What’s up with you guys? You guys look pretty,” I squeezed down my laughter.
We began yelling at each other, but later on they finally forgive me. I was happy.= )
After all of that happened I came home and completely forgot about my sister. She was so angry

“Why did you take my make up? My sister yelled at me.
I didn’t answer her .I couldn’t answer her I was so scared of her. I wanted to pee in my pants. I began crying .That did noting to help my situation she yelled at me for hours, and I just cried and cried and cried

Thankfully, she finally stopped yelling and walked away. What a day that I’ll never forget