Justin Bieber Concert

Millions of girls screaming everywhere you turn, waiting in line to buy a souvenir and the curtains slowly opening to the start of the show.

"Abby, Abby!" Right then I snapped out of a day dream only wishing I was actually there, at the Justin Bieber concert when Nadia called my name excitedly. "Tomorrow's the day!" she announced.

After finishing the rest of the school day, having to wait all night, and leaving right after school the next day, we experienced that once in a life time opportunity we had been counting down to for months. That one day before the concert felt like a whole year because we were so excited to see Justin Bieber, a sixteen year old singing sensation. When the time finally came around, we were as ready as we would ever be.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Driving into Chicago on March 25, after sitting in the car for three hours, Nadia and I were very anxious to get there while she was probably thinking, when are we going to get there? We found a parking spot for thirty dollars right outside the theatre. I got my camera ready making sure it was full of battery, Nadia grabbed the tickets and we jumped out of the car to the sound of that piercing scream coming from every girl in my line of vision. The sight of girls dressed in tall heart socks, short jean shorts, and Justin Bieber t-shirts, carrying their posters, waving them happily in the air. Nadia was wearing jeans, a button up plaid shirt and her brown hair down. Some of the girls were even wearing Justin Bieber sunglasses. We couldn't believe the madness was already happening one hour before the concert even started. Walking through the doors all alone, Nadia and I paused as they checked our tickets and we walked straight to the souvenir stand to start to wait in the line that curled around the entire bottom floor. We waited about twenty minutes in line until realizing it was going to take at least an hour before we got to the front table to get our shirts. We hopped out of line forty five minutes before the blue-gray curtains were going to open, found our seats on the second floor, even though they were on the second floor they were still very close to the stage. We met the girls sitting next to us, about the same age and also with no parents there. Nadia, crazy and the furthest from shy and I found out they came all the way from Missouri to see Justin Bieber and their moms were at the hotel next door, not wanting to go to the concert with millions of screaming girls and not wanting to pay one hundred and fifty dollars for a ticket, just like my mom. People were starting chants such as, Justin-Bieber, Bieber, and we want Bieber. Nadia and I just couldn't resist and had to join in! The DJ started talking and the curtains opened right at seven o' clock Chicago time, everyone screamed that ear piercing sound we had been hearing all night, but this time it was louder than earlier. There were two opening acts that did about five songs each. After they were done, the DJ asked if we were ready for Bieber time! Once again, that ear piercing scream. Since the opening acts had finished, singing for about one hour, it was time for an intermission. Nadia and I sprinted out, ran down the stairs and were the first in line to buy a t-shirt. After buying our new Justin Bieber shirts, we walked to the bathroom to put them on. Our shirts, along with all the pictures we took were the memories of the concert we would remember forever. Our throats were hurting from screaming so loud, therefore we went to wait in another long line to get water. Nadia and I were discussing what songs Justin would sing and if he would look the same live. Before we had a chance to buy a water, the DJ came over the speakers letting us know it was about time for Justin. We bolted in the theatre ready to see him perform. I pulled my camera out and got it ready to flash a picture as soon as his face showed. The countdown started on the screen and every single person in that theatre screamed the loudest they have probably ever screamed in their life. Justin jogged out, and Nadia and I looked at each other not believing he was only a few feet away. We joined in with him singing the first song of the night, That Should Be Me. He then talked awhile thanking us for the support and being such great fans, followed by more great hits, including Baby, One Time, Favorite Girl, Stuck in the Moment, One Less Lonely Girl, and many others. At every concert he has, he chooses one lucky girl to come on stage, get one less lonely girl sang to her, he gives her flowers and she will later get to meet him backstage. Walking out of the theatre that night we were disappointed it was over, but very happy we got to see Justin. It was very tight, trying to get out of the parking lot, but that was the time we got to share the awesome experience with my mom. The three hour ride home would mean we wouldn't get home until 1:30 in the morning, even though we still had school the next morning. We were so tired, four and a half hours asleep felt like nothing, but that day at school we got to show off our shirts, pictures, wonderful experience with everyone and still we have flash backs of millions of girls screaming and that one second when the curtains opened to Justin Bieber.

Justin B. said...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:32 am
hey its jb nice job bieberlover i am glad you liked my concert.continue to write you are talented.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Why would you make a fake profile? I mean, what's the point?

Vampyre1996 said...
I went to a JB concert last summer, and i do have to admit that i probably will never forget it:) me and my best friend lost ALOT of sleep the night before in anticipation of it:) and the day of we actually sat around in our JB t-shirts singing along to his CDs..... haha now i dont like bieber and im actually pretty shocked that i did all thisxD anyway I'm glad someone else is as crazy over bieber as i was:)

JustinBieberGirl14 replied...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 11:24 am
I`m a huge belieber and your seats were really close.  I ended up staying bacstage the whole time, but my seats were supposed to be high up.  I met Justin, and your story just reminds me of that  night.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OK, I wasn't going to say this initially, but after seeing the intellectual quality of the comments (i.e. "You're the meanest person that walked on the planet") I really cannot hold myself back. (Besides which, how cruel can it be when nobody here has the brain capacity to understand anything more than rap lyrics?) This article is a true tribute to the disintegration of our culture and the definition of a profound experience. Why is it that a Justin Bieber concert is defined as something so amaz... (more »)

jbjustfine replied...
THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK!

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
And what you think is so much better because...? Your response, though clearly passionate, lacks any intellectual backing. 

jbjustfine replied...
SHUT UP!! NONE CARE!!

Jan. 1, 2011 at 8:23 am

Oh, I get it. You spend so much time worshipping Justin Bieber as to have lost a connection with the English language, and so you are trying desperately to make it seem as if you have any idea what I'm talking about, though you don't. You may have noticed my main points are not against Justin Bieber, who you can convince me is a good musical artist, but against your single-minded obsession with him (and your lack of intelligence).

Oh, well. It's not like I had any hope for the intellig... (more »)

forgottenpenname This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 1, 2011 at 10:06 am

Oh my gosh, Esi, I love you so much right now. :D

Guys, she isn't dissing Bieber, or the fact that you like his music -- she's mad because you don't know how to write decent comebacks. If you want to stand up for yourself in the presence of someone who is obviously REALLY good at writing (and especially on a WRITING website), you need to be able to use proper spelling and grammar. If you weren't putting so many typos into your responses (and if you didn't lack actual logical evi... (more »)

bieberl0ve15 replied...
Okay, just because someone really likes Justin Bieber, that doesn't mean they can't write and don't have good grammar! Justin is inspirational to millions all over the world. I'm sure you have an idol you look up to. If you were to be just feet away from them the following day, wouldn't you be unable to get much sleep too? Please consider others' feelings before you post this. You are welcome to state your opinion, but it wouldn't hurt any feelings if you didn't offend somebody's writing skills.... (more »)

May 19, 2011 at 8:23 am

Sorry, I guess my reply wasn't obvious enough: I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST YOU GUYS LIKING JUSTIN BIEBER. Yes, I have my idols too, and yes, I would absolutely flip out if I got that close to them (I was fifth row at a Taylor Swift concert last year -- believe me, I KNOW).

What I have an issue with is somebody coming on a writing website where we're expected to critique and support one another, for our WRITING, and all you guys can talk about is Bieber, and meanwhile a good percentage of th... (more »)

Yes! That's what I meant, forgottenpenname. Well said. Sorry if what I said offended you, bieberl0ve15. I didn't mean all Justin Bieber fans are idiots or something. I just meant that... well, what forgottenpenname said. That the people who were talking here weren't using very good grammar, and that a writing site shouldn't be used up for something like this. I understand what you're saying- the writer's feelings about Justin Bieber were expressed throughout the article, and just because they di... (more »)

M_IML This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Um, wow. Coincidence? A really bad argument just started today in my music class b/c of Justin Beiber. I totally agree with you guys, forgottenpenanme and magic-esi; I don't hate Justin Beiber or like him, but I get really annoyed by comments like this on TeenInk - they're EVERYWHERE. Just because someone doesn't like a certain artist and his/her music doesn't mean that he/she's jealous or a "hater"; it just goes to extremes with the "I hate justin beiber/OMG OMG OMG JB IS SO AWESOME OMG I LU... (more »)

sammy_girl11 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I think being passionate about something, even if you don't agree with it, is worth "losing sleep on a school night". I think screaming your head off for something you love is exhilarating, and doing things you love to do, no matter what anyone else thinks of you, is great. School is important but so is living! So is occasionally doing something spontaneous and FUN. If you feel the need to criticize people on their grammar - fine, but you shouldn't try to convince them that what they love i... (more »)

Aug. 16, 2011 at 6:56 am
I don't think you understand what i'm trying to say. the point isn't that I don't like Justin Beiber or his fans, the point is that I think both the people who can only talk about him and think their "whole life is about him, OMG!" and the people who say that they absolutely loathe him are making too big a deal out of it- going to extremes. Seriously unhealthy extremes, like sending his girlfriends jealous death threats or cutting JB's name into their arms. I'm not criticizing JB, or his music, ... (more »)

Justin B. replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:29 am
hey i am justin bieber and i dont care if you do not like me just dont go hating on those who do:)

Aspiringauhor replied...
You're not Justin Bieber and it's actually rude to be imitating him. Please stop.

lovelovejustinbieber said...
everyone's saying how they love Justin Bieber and stuff like that..... OK JUSTIN BIEBER IS MY LIFE. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH, THE CONCERT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE JUSTIN BIEBER. HE IS THE MOST AMAZING PERSON IN THE WORLD. I AM THE BIGGEST BELIEBER EVER. I LOVE HIM. HES SO TALENTED, AMAZING, AND HOT. SO.... ANY HATERS SHOULD JUST SHUT UP BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS. I LOVE HIM, AND HE IS THE BEST PERSON IN THE WORLD. SO THIS IS WHAT REAL FANS DO.... (more »)

ilovejb replied...
Not everyone cares about jb.