Justin Bieber Concert

Millions of girls screaming everywhere you turn, waiting in line to buy a souvenir and the curtains slowly opening to the start of the show.

"Abby, Abby!" Right then I snapped out of a day dream only wishing I was actually there, at the Justin Bieber concert when Nadia called my name excitedly. "Tomorrow's the day!" she announced.

After finishing the rest of the school day, having to wait all night, and leaving right after school the next day, we experienced that once in a life time opportunity we had been counting down to for months. That one day before the concert felt like a whole year because we were so excited to see Justin Bieber, a sixteen year old singing sensation. When the time finally came around, we were as ready as we would ever be.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Driving into Chicago on March 25, after sitting in the car for three hours, Nadia and I were very anxious to get there while she was probably thinking, when are we going to get there? We found a parking spot for thirty dollars right outside the theatre. I got my camera ready making sure it was full of battery, Nadia grabbed the tickets and we jumped out of the car to the sound of that piercing scream coming from every girl in my line of vision. The sight of girls dressed in tall heart socks, short jean shorts, and Justin Bieber t-shirts, carrying their posters, waving them happily in the air. Nadia was wearing jeans, a button up plaid shirt and her brown hair down. Some of the girls were even wearing Justin Bieber sunglasses. We couldn't believe the madness was already happening one hour before the concert even started. Walking through the doors all alone, Nadia and I paused as they checked our tickets and we walked straight to the souvenir stand to start to wait in the line that curled around the entire bottom floor. We waited about twenty minutes in line until realizing it was going to take at least an hour before we got to the front table to get our shirts. We hopped out of line forty five minutes before the blue-gray curtains were going to open, found our seats on the second floor, even though they were on the second floor they were still very close to the stage. We met the girls sitting next to us, about the same age and also with no parents there. Nadia, crazy and the furthest from shy and I found out they came all the way from Missouri to see Justin Bieber and their moms were at the hotel next door, not wanting to go to the concert with millions of screaming girls and not wanting to pay one hundred and fifty dollars for a ticket, just like my mom. People were starting chants such as, Justin-Bieber, Bieber, and we want Bieber. Nadia and I just couldn't resist and had to join in! The DJ started talking and the curtains opened right at seven o' clock Chicago time, everyone screamed that ear piercing sound we had been hearing all night, but this time it was louder than earlier. There were two opening acts that did about five songs each. After they were done, the DJ asked if we were ready for Bieber time! Once again, that ear piercing scream. Since the opening acts had finished, singing for about one hour, it was time for an intermission. Nadia and I sprinted out, ran down the stairs and were the first in line to buy a t-shirt. After buying our new Justin Bieber shirts, we walked to the bathroom to put them on. Our shirts, along with all the pictures we took were the memories of the concert we would remember forever. Our throats were hurting from screaming so loud, therefore we went to wait in another long line to get water. Nadia and I were discussing what songs Justin would sing and if he would look the same live. Before we had a chance to buy a water, the DJ came over the speakers letting us know it was about time for Justin. We bolted in the theatre ready to see him perform. I pulled my camera out and got it ready to flash a picture as soon as his face showed. The countdown started on the screen and every single person in that theatre screamed the loudest they have probably ever screamed in their life. Justin jogged out, and Nadia and I looked at each other not believing he was only a few feet away. We joined in with him singing the first song of the night, That Should Be Me. He then talked awhile thanking us for the support and being such great fans, followed by more great hits, including Baby, One Time, Favorite Girl, Stuck in the Moment, One Less Lonely Girl, and many others. At every concert he has, he chooses one lucky girl to come on stage, get one less lonely girl sang to her, he gives her flowers and she will later get to meet him backstage. Walking out of the theatre that night we were disappointed it was over, but very happy we got to see Justin. It was very tight, trying to get out of the parking lot, but that was the time we got to share the awesome experience with my mom. The three hour ride home would mean we wouldn't get home until 1:30 in the morning, even though we still had school the next morning. We were so tired, four and a half hours asleep felt like nothing, but that day at school we got to show off our shirts, pictures, wonderful experience with everyone and still we have flash backs of millions of girls screaming and that one second when the curtains opened to Justin Bieber.

ayeekarissa said...
Oct. 8 at 10:35 am:
OMBBB I love Justin(:

CreativeEyeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:36 am:
The words of a true fan, for sure:) I don't like him all that much but you really captured that sense of excitement and buzzing atmosphere. He was sixteen when you wrote this... Do you still love him? I often wonder how long these kind of obsessions can last!

Fballkid1996 said...
J.B.....you are in inspiration to all young song artists

TaurusGalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:21 pm:
I went to the Justin Bieber Concert in Hong Kong. So true that the screaming for Justin  was absolutely EPIC~! I screamed to the top of my voice too. =] Such a remarkable experience.

makaylabieber said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:33 am:
i went to his concert and i feel like you could have used a little bit more details. it was an overall ok on the article but there was a lot of things you could have described that were pretty big.

musicluver said...
where was this at

Alesha H. said...
OMG! i was at this concert! check out my profile for my experience! it was an AMAZING show!

Alesha H. replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm :
wait nevermind i was at the Michigan one..lol but still it was amazing!

DifferentTeen said...
I love when people diss on Justin Beibers fans for being happy when they see him or go to his concerts. Really? Cause last time I checked, when I see my favorite band I get happy too! I may not like JB but I still respect the work he puts into his career. Its not as easy as it seems. His fans are just like Lil Waynes fans, or P!ATD's fans, or Toby Keiths fans. They all enjoy their music and want to be involved with them. Thats not a bad thing. Just stop arguing and agree to disagree. (:

DifferentTeen replied...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 7:49 pm :
sorry for the repost.

DifferentTeen said...
I love when people diss on Justin Beibers fans for being happy when they see him or go to his concerts. Really? Cause last time I checked, wneh I see my favorite band I get happy too! I may not like JB but I still respect the work he puts into his career. Its not as easy as it seems. His fans are just like Lil Waynes fans, or P!ATD's fans, they all enjoy their music and want to be involved with them. Thats not a bad thing. Just stop arguing and agree to disagree. (:

justinbieber said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 9:28 am:
hey good job on this article it is really good write more:)

StephanieY said...
I thought it was good, I am not a jb fan but i respect him and its a article it doesnt matter if u like him why did u read it if you were going to say that u hate jb??

monkeylove3 replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 9:23 am :
i know write:)

justinbieber replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 9:28 am :
i agree:):):):):)stephaniey

StephanieY replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 9:00 pm :
yeah like i am not a fan but still i mean u dont have to say u wanna kill him or like anything

Justin B. said...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:34 am:
i rated you 5 stars beliber

Justin B. said...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:32 am:
hey its jb nice job bieberlover i am glad you liked my concert.continue to write you are talented.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Dec. 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm :
Why would you make a fake profile? I mean, what's the point?

Vampyre1996 said...
I went to a JB concert last summer, and i do have to admit that i probably will never forget it:) me and my best friend lost ALOT of sleep the night before in anticipation of it:) and the day of we actually sat around in our JB t-shirts singing along to his CDs..... haha now i dont like bieber and im actually pretty shocked that i did all thisxD anyway I'm glad someone else is as crazy over bieber as i was:)