Down the Long Tiled Road

My feet were stones re-walking the tiled road I had walked so many times before. Leaving that sterile room, leaving my daddy in there by himself except for the machine with it's annoying constant beeping and the occasional visits from the hospital nurses. I wanted to carry him home with me and I probably could have since he had lost a lot of weight because his diet consisted of ice chips and medicine given to him through an I.V.
A frog was stuck in my throat trying to jump out of my mouth and through my eyes. Blinking back a waterfall of tears, I walked on ahead of my mother to the elevators. As I pushed the down button I couldn't help but question my faith for a second.
All I could think was "Why? Lord, how could you do this to Daddy? How!" A tremendous fear crept through my mind: What if the Crohn's disease killed him? I needed him. He still had to help me on school projects and tell me Granddad stories at night and walk me down the aisle for when I get married. He has to be ok. He has to be!
The elevator dinged and I came back from my horrible daze of things that could be but shouldn't. A single tear rolled down my cheek, just one out of the many more to come down the long tiled road.

hepburn said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 5:49 am

this is good work! though i wouldve made it a little longer maybe? this was way too short, i want MORE :D

potential potential!! i will be checking very often :)

alanacarlene replied...
Thank you so much! I agree it is too short that's the only thing that bugs about this :/ but thanks so much for reading it!

hepburn replied...
youre welcome! always a pleasure :)

emmy2013 said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 1:08 am
i let my dad read this to show him how talented u are.. and i watched as he read it.. and i could tell that he was holding back tears. he said it was amazing and that u have a lot of talent!!

alanacarlene replied...
Awww o my gosh that mean sooo much to me you have no idea!!!! Tell him I said thank you so much!!! And thank YOU for showing him haha.

emmy2013 replied...
lol ok i will!! and ur welcome!! love u!!

alanacarlene replied...
Luv u too! Haha OMG emmy! I wuz @Red Lobsters and our waitor wuz so adorable! He reminded me of you cuz he had a lisp!!! lol And he look EXACTLY like the dude on Ratatoullie the 1 wit the red hair that found the rat no lie he looked like him! It wuz awesum! But his nose wasn't quite that big haha! Anyways I jus had to share that with you lol!!!

emmy2013 said...
alana this gave me goose bumps! i loved this piece, it is so amazing and beautiful! keep up your great work!

johnmarc24 said...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 2:27 am
I can really feel your pain and sadness and again you have contributed a beautiful piece and i can't wait for you to do even more

alanacarlene replied...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 2:34 am
Awww!!! Yay! Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!