Nostalgia | Teen Ink

Nostalgia

June 1, 2010
By Anonymous

Remember when we were little and we believed in fairy tales. We dreamt about the future and to our young eyes it seemed so bright. The world seemed to be ours to conquer. There was no mountain high enough. Some dreamed of their Prince Charming sweeping them off their feet, others of power and status. But once you grow up reality begins to kick in and you realize that your dreams may not come true after all. When your'e younger you can kid yourself that there is plenty of time to fulfill all your goals; never thinking about how it will happen but just that it will. But when the time comes and everything does not go according to plan, then everything shatters and you realize that your'e not that little girl any more. Sometimes I wonder why everyone's in a rush to grow up?! It's better to be young and have fantasies rather than to be older and them burst into flames before your very eyes.....

The author's comments:
I know this is really short. But I'm really emotionally distressed and vulnerable at the moment. O-levels arnn't going as I had planned. I dreamt of an ivy league future but I just gave my exams and they wern't perfect like I had imagined them to be. I expected myself to have a transcript filled with unblemished As and amazing extracuriculars but it isn't as easy as I imagined. But I guess dreams don't just come true you have to work real hard for that to happen; something i plan to do next term. Do share any advice or personal experience.