slipknot | Teen Ink

slipknot

May 10, 2010
By gangsta BRONZE, Menifee, California
gangsta BRONZE, Menifee, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

First, my mom drove me and my friend to my grandma’s house. She lives in Las Vegas. We ate dinner, and then afterwards we painted our faces. Once my friend, Marco and I were ready my mom and grandma drove us to the Palms Casino and then handed us the tickets.
I asked excitedly, “Are you ready to see slipknot!” We finally got into the amphitheater and waited until the show started at 7:30pm.

Meanwhile, as we waited, we listened to other bands perform. A little while later they brought out the Maggot Tank. The Maggot Tank is filled with maggots and money, and if you wanted to you could put your hands in the tank, dig through the maggots and money you found you got to keep it.

Eventually, there were people yelling let us in to the main stage area. An hour later, they finally let us in. Once they open the gates people were pushing my friend and I to get in.

Finally, we started to party! Slipknot played all their tight songs like “Psychosocial,” “Duality,” “Before Me Forget,” “Spit It Out,” “Wait and Bleed,” and “Heretic Anthem.” There were these crazy mosh pits. It was so loud but fun. I took pictures of the band and their masks. They threw money into the crowd, bubbles. At the end of the concert, they threw their drumsticks, guitar picks, and pieces of their drum symbols into the crowd. I wasn’t able to catch anything though.

Finally, the concert ended at 1:00 a.m. As we were walking out into the parking lot there was a guy standing on a moving car screaming and going crazy. Everybody, including Marco and I, began yelling, “Slipknot! Slipknot rules!” There were so many people on the streets that a fight broke out. It was crazy until the police showed up. That night at the concert was the absolute best.
Take my advice, if you have a chance in your life go to a concert with a friend, be sure to go. Just be sure to live your life everyday like it’s your last day on this earth.