Hey You | Teen Ink

Hey You

May 27, 2010
By LeeAnne BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia
LeeAnne BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

You. You're just like the rest of them. There one minute, gone the next. I can't believe I really thought you were different than the others. I thought I might actually have meant something, anything at all, to you. But you're just another user. You come into my life, take what you want, and then -poof- you're gone. I'm left all alone with my heart crushed to smithereens, slowly falling to the ground where you then step upon it as you leave. I give my heart up to easily, I realize. But that doesn't give you the right to hurt me. I just wanted someone who really cared. I wanted to be happy. I thought you were the one who who could make it happen, but I guess I was wrong. I'll start to second guess myself from now on; I won't trust so easily; You won't see my tears; I'll be strong from now on. I guess I should thank you, you've helped me realize what I need to do in order to be, relatively, happy. I've got to be "hard", showing no emotion towards anyone or anything. So, it looks like the only thing left for me to do is say thank you. Yeah, you.