truth be told | Teen Ink

truth be told

May 5, 2010
By Anonymous

I don’t know how to tell you this; I never have known how to tell you anything. As my fingers move and type these words, my mind is still blank to your will. Faith is what I want to see and learn from you. FAITH! Water fills my eyes. My eyes! These eyes that reflect your image, every word you say cuts my skin like a knife. With one sentence you kill me every day, leaving me in my tomb. On a good day I can manage to escape with only a scraped knee, on a bad day…Im you! Isolating myself, listening to my own taunts, and thinking about every past fault I’ve ever done wrong. Praying to the God you made me believe in!!! Where is he now? I don’t see him when you are around. I don’t see him when I myself am around. But I always hear his call…
Have your ears fallen off? Are you truly that blind? DO you beat your face with a stone bashing your brain? Your eyes hear nothing and your ears can no longer see the truth. You push me away with every attempt to bring me back to life again. The sun is setting on our relationship, darkness doesn’t scare you…you’ve been there before. It’s the cost of the light that brings you too your knees, at dawn you surrender to yourself, losing the battle every day, sinking my ship with yours. You break me! I lay here broken, and you’re too damn stubborn to realize anything around. Your addiction to self pity has consumed you. killing me, for the last time.


The author's comments:
My relationship with my father.