I'm Trying

By , Redding, CA
My parents taught me to work hard. Do my best. Make them proud. And I tried. I worked for grades. I used my brain for every little thing. Sometimes I'd goof up and I'd feel a sting on my cheek. And I tried harder. For thirteen years, I've always done my best for their approval. They'd be so proud. I'd always feel good. It was like a drug. I needed more. And then she had to come around. Struggling at first, always getting the sting and the roars. I always hid during thoses. But she got better and improved. My parents were so proud of her. And she tried too. Copying and stealing my works. Anger. trage. Frustration. Trying even harder. I bring home a A+ test. She brings home a award from an assembly. They're so proud. Of her. Not me. I try and show them. I get a heart-stabbing roar. You've been getting these since you were two. Back off and let her have the spot light! Tears do the stinging this time. Don't you know? Can't you tell? All the hard work I'm doing. All the pride you use to have for me. I was trying to please you. Cause i love you. And i want you to love me too. After the roar she comes over. I'm sorry. They didn't mean it. They just got mad that's all. Tears rolling down, i look up. I'n trying, sis. I'n really trying.

Angelic_Rose said...
wow, thats really sad :(

Lost_Vines said...
May 26, 2010 at 10:52 am
Good story, good writing, but confusing. i l  like the way it sounds like a diary entry and it's so sad and worthy. i love it. polish it a little, and put it on. i would read it. 

guinea_pig_girl said...
That was so raw and heartfelt- I almost cried.  Maybe you could just polish it a little more, and it would be amazing.