Living in the City of Entertainment | Teen Ink

Living in the City of Entertainment

May 20, 2010
By iiiii BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
iiiii BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
2 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Las Vegas, Nevada. Know world wide for its astonishing display of neon lights, diverse entertainment, and star studded events. This is the city that everybody raves about, and it is also my home. People travel all over the world to come here, facing blistering heat that would toast anyone not living in the sunbelt. Where rain is a blessing that is rarely seen. Where limousines are not uncommon rolling on the streets of downtown.

In the day, you may find your self inside one of many hotels, or sunbathing by the pool under the suns rays. I can't help but smile when I see a couple pull up to the drive thru wedding to make a commitment that they will soon regret. Or groups of people gathering around to take pictures next to the Las Vegas iconic sign. But, when night comes along and the lights turns on, it’s a whole different story. You can hear the dice roll as a gambler spends his last dollar, and smell the fresh scent of bartenders throwing together alcoholic concoctions. Boredom is not a word here, and a good time is never too far away.

Las Vegas is the only place where you can see the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, enjoy a volcano, and watch a rowdy bunch of acting pirates. After living here for 13 years, you may think that I get used to seeing this unusually bright city. But, each time my family drives through these streets, I‘m taking in by the variety of lights. There is nothing in the world like Las Vegas, Nevada, and I must say that I am very lucky to live here in the city of entertainment.