Disappointment | Teen Ink

Disappointment

By LetLive BRONZE, Pasadena, Maryland
LetLive BRONZE, Pasadena, Maryland

"Be the change you want to see in the world"-Gandhi

Sitting on the desk laughing with Tierra, Jocelyn, and Andrew. Yep just another AVID class. I could tell Ms.Walker wasn’t having a good day but my antics with my friends were more important than her short fuse. “And then we could push all the people we don’t like off the boat. Hope they have a receipt for that fancy prom dress” I jeered to my friends which only made them laugh harder and louder. Ms.Walker stood up and slammed her hands down firmly on her desk. “Tierra, Bethany, and Andrew go sit over in Ms.Thorton’s class.” We all got up, still giggling, took our punishment and walked over to Ms.Thorton’s class which was on the other side of the massive room that was split in half by a row of tall book shelves that looked like they were from the 1970’s. Minutes passes as I sat bored out of my mind in this AVID 10 class. I decided to entertain myself and go chat it up with Ms.Thorton. “I’m bored,” I told her. “And I’m disappointed in you Bethany.” Whoa wild card! “I can always pick out your voice as being the loudest one all the way over here. I’m glad Ms.Walker sent you over here because today if she didn’t then I was!” I sat in front of her with my mouth a gap like a fish. She continued, “You are so annoying and obnoxious Bethany, You think you’re being funny and that everyone gets a kick out of the inappropriate things you say, but they don’t and Ms.Walker and myself surely don’t. I can guarantee you that.” Ok ouch! I couldn’t believe she just said that to me. I sat there numb after her verbal bashing ashamed and slightly embarrassed. I tried to put on a ‘oh yeah whatever/ I don’t care’ face but I knew I was failing. The bell rang and I gathered my things, turned my work in and left to lunch emanating a walking zombie for the rest of the day.

This really happened to me one day at school and it kind of made me look at myself a little bit differently