Broken Arm | Teen Ink

Broken Arm

By aaron young BRONZE, Menifee, California
aaron young BRONZE, Menifee, California

Were you ever looking forward to a long vacation, and going to have so much fun but something happens that ruins the plans you had? That’s exactly what happened to me.

In the beginning of the day, when it was as hot as the desert, I was playing basketball with my friends down the street.
All of a sudden, I told my friends, “I’ll be right back. I’m going to get water.”
So, my friend and I jumped on our bikes and began riding back to my house. We were riding back, my friend out of nowhere, yells out, “WATCH OUT!”

Out of nowhere, my friend swerved right in front of me, like a car on the freeway. I swerved, trying to miss him, and I hit the curb and did a flip.

I got off the ground and said, “Aw my arm hurts.”
I lifted my right arm in pain, and then I saw my wrist pointing directly up. There was a giant curve in my arm. I walked the rest of the way back to my house. When I came home, I called out to my mom and told her that I broke my arm.

“Ok,” she tried to remain calm, “we have to go to the doctors.”
When we got to the doctors office, we had two wait two long hours until a doctor came. The doctor looked at my arm and then told us the bad news, like a knife his words were, “I’m sorry, but I can’t fix your arm.”
I was so mad. The doctor did end up putting something around my arm like a brace. Eventually, we had to go to Riverside Hospital. Soon after, we came to the hospital and waited another 20 minutes until the doctor saw us. I was taken to the back were everyone seemed depressed and sad. They finally gave me medicine to put me asleep. I woke up a little later and tried to stand up, but I felt throwing up. I looked at my arm and there was a cast on my arm. Then they let me choose the color my cast can be, and I choose blue. After 2 hours I finally got to go home and left the hospital.